General Water in drivers footwell

Currently reading:
General Water in drivers footwell

TTR

Established member
Eh up all,

Been a while since I had any issues with the Cross,noticed for last two weeks condensation on the rear windows.

Wasn’t too bothered as it’s been pi88ing down here so just thought it’s damp coats etc in and out of the car.

However ...... cleaning car today and felt damp in drivers front footwell directly under the heel mat area.

Stripped out mat and felt carpet - really damp 🤬

So did the usual checks, door seal, off with kick panel trim to check it’s not coming through door seal itself, checked no leaks in coolant , and I’m convinced it’s not heater matrix leak.

Sooooo🤔, checked duck bill in engine bay , was filled with shi9e , but whether it was enough to back fill and drain / drip into the driver footwell only I’m not sure. Kicked myself as should have checked and poured water on the screen first to see if it drained through - FFS when will I learn ....😡

Anyhow- tested afterwards and it came through like you’d had 6 🍺👍 - full flow😜

Have I missed anything - don’t think it’s vapour barrier in the door as no sign of water ingress there

I know these things well as had all versions since Mk1 but always worth an ask - damp cars pi33 me off 🤬

Cheers in advance for any input

Had exactly same thing. It was the drain hole blocked behind the window wipers and infront of bulkhead. Put a hose down to clear and car dried out soon after.

Eh up all

Thanks , the duck bill I referred to is the drain hole, both cleared out and hopefully it will sort it 👍

Can’t think of owt else 🤔

Will see if it dries up over next few weeks

Cheers

Lunchbeers

Eh up - good shout - only changed the thing last year - heyho ☹️

More money to fork out - not good for a Yorkshire man 👍

Back