Technical Warm air intake pipe (DIY?)

Currently reading:
Technical Warm air intake pipe (DIY?)

falconsflame

Hi guys, just thought i'd ask about the warm air intake pipe on the mk1 punto 60 , the car is not warming up as good as it should , it's missing. Is there any way to make one of these from a diy sort of thing? I'm a student and thought it might save money than buying the thing off ebay lol. Cheers!

Hi mate,

Yeah you can but the piping from any motor factors, Halfords also sell it if you have one of them near you. All you need is a short section of the corrugated tube. It simply slots in.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Hi mate,

Yeah you can but the piping from any motor factors, Halfords also sell it if you have one of them near you. All you need is a short section of the corrugated tube. It simply slots in.

Hope that helps,
Alan

Thanks for the quick reply mate, will try to get onto the local autofactors later. :)

As a1ant says, it's an easy job to do, but what exactly do you mean by 'not warming up as it should'. The warm air supply will improve economy, but I doubt it would be that noticeable. Are the blowers blowing hot air within 5 minutes of setting off?

You can get corrugated aluminium tubes from Halfords, but as Mike says they wont make much difference other than in Very cold or damp weather when the warm air makes intake icing less likely.

The engine not warming up is more likely to be the thermostat. Symptoms are engine gets warm ok in traffic but goes cold or wont get warm when moving at speed.

A new thermostat will improve fuel mpg and reduce engine wear.

Hey guys , just thought i'd catch up and say that i've changed the thermostat and coolant, and it's looking good! Seems that it was the problem lol.

Back