General want a genuine price valuation for my car

Currently reading:
General want a genuine price valuation for my car

I may be swapping my Stilo 1.8 for a skoda Superb 1.9 tdi soon. ( i do a lot more motorway miles these days due to job change so will be better mpg).

I have put my car into we buy anycar and they are quoting its worth £185 lol.
Its a 1.8 3 door with Connect Sat Nav, mutli function steering wheel, leather 2 tone interior, MP3, Bose speakers and sub. Heated seats, heated washer jets, headlight washers, Xenons headlights, Auto headlights and wipers , Bluetooth phone kit, Claw alloys, Abarth side skirts and spoiler. Traction control, Stainless Exhaust ( quiet not boy racer). 4 new tyres, serviced by me and dad since new every 6000 miles (dads a mechanic) new brakes all round drilled and grooved on front. Eibach suspension. Cam belt changed 2 months ago and water pump. The car wants for nothing and never has as I a the only owner from brand new. The car is in black ( best colour imop)
Pretty much unmarked and as good as they get tbh.
£185 is an insult surely. Will be gutted if and when it goes.

What do you guys think it is worth?? I think minimum a grand!!!

Stick it in at 999 quid and see what you get but me, I just see an 02 car and would not give you over £750. Funny thing about cars/bikes with extras. I see the list of what is done and think "so what" that is the sellers taste not necessarily mine and I may not see it as an upgrade. SS exhaust is a good + though. Good luck in your sale
thumb.gif

Last edited:
as above. Doesn't matter so much what it has, its all down to the individual. There is a used car market out there that is well and truly saturated and it is that saturation that will determine your cars value. As above, id be looking to pay between 750-1250, £185 is most certainly an insult too and a joke.

The problem with Stilos is their obscurity, your regular chap wants a Golf or an Astra or a Focus, so the Stilo gets a cursory glance and the usual Fix It Again Tomorrow....

Great for the buyers, not so great for the seller :/

I for one wont be expecting much for mine when/if I sell it. I paid £1950 2 years ago, and its not far off mint, but I wouldn't value it much over £1200 and its almost fully loaded/everything works.

best of luck, I am sure you will get what you want if you persevere...

Well waiting for when the Skoda comes up for sale to make my decision to sell or not (its my dads). I would love to keep the stilo and maybe sell our panda that the wife uses but thats a cracker too as I put a fiat 500 leather interior into it with variable heated seats. And it runs on fresh air as gets a constant 46mpg. The wife loves it. Want to keep them all really but I guess I would need a multi story carpark.:rolleyes:

The best compliment I got on mine was a couple of years ago I picked up a mate in the stilo and he uses a golf. He thought it was newer than his 7 year old golf as was quieter and more comfortable. Genuine. I was happy with that.;)

£185 is quite frankly a disappointing valuation of your car, I guess it's a computer generated figure so it considers the age of the car before anything else, pretty much like car insurance; no matter how good a driver you are your age plays a crucial part before all factors are considered.

I'd say if you want quick money then try scraping the car, since your dad is a mechanic you are better positioned to handle the nitty gritty of deconstruction. Leather seats and claw alloys alone could fetch you over £200 easily. Recently bought a set of claw alloys for £125.
Anyway, all the best in offloading your stilo.

Last edited:
Back