Technical VW/Audi PD Diesel engine oil?!

Currently reading:
Technical VW/Audi PD Diesel engine oil?!

This one surprised me today.

Went to my local motor factors today to buy a can of oil and a filter for my Bravo 1.4 T-Jet.

They supply Comma oils (they have stopped supplying Castrol since you can buy Castrol cheaper at the supermarket than they can buy it directly from Castrol!).

The oil recommended in the Comma book for the 1.4 T-Jet Bravo (and also some other Fiat cars, such as some 500s) is their blend designed for use in the VAG range of PD Pumpe Düse diesel engines.

So there we are. I avoided a VW diesel for years to avoid the PD-specific oil, and now I've bought a Fiat where it's the recommended blend!

PD diesel engines use a 5W40 Fully Synthetic blend which meets ACEA C3 and API SM CF classifications. I know the Bravo handbook recommends a 5W40 blend meeting ACEA C3

Very sorry if this is a repost, it didn't come up in the "check these before you post" threads.

As far as I know for my diesel they use Selenia WR, and I read somewhere that for gasoline it is Selenia K, they should be 5W-40. If possible always use original lubricants.

Back