useless information

Currently reading:
useless information

pickle

Did you know?

An oak tree is fifty years old before it has acorns:slayer:

OR

Florence Nightingale only served two years as a nurse before being struck ill in the crimean war and spending 50 yrs as an invalid!:eek:

OR

The buttons on a mans shirts are on that side because most men are right handed and its easier to fasten them that way! However, most women are right handed too. The reason why female clothing buttons to the other side is because when buttons/fasteners were first used on clothing they were used only by the wealthy. A maid/servant would fasten a ladies clothing, thus the person would be facing the button/fastener the same way!:whogives:

OR

A wedding ring is worn on the 3rd finger on the left hand because it was originaly believed that a vein ran directly from that finger to the heart!:chin:

Pointless information, i agree but interesting nevertheless! Anybody else got any?:D

i like gherkins - is that useless info :D

cant see myself being asked that in a pub quiz! Lol!:p

However, Did you know?

You can tell the sex of a horse by the number of teeth they have,
A male has 40 while a female has 36!

13% of the population in Scotland are ginger! Higher than anywhere else in the world.

Today, Feb 3rd, is Winnie the Pooh day, Its also Holocaust day- The anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz concentation camp in 1945

Squirrels have a life expectancy of 9 years.

The british military originaly wore red uniforms as it was the cheapest colour dye!

Last edited:
the term "calibre" (when talking about weaponry) means the size of the bore. 1 calibre is equal to 1 inch (so a .50 cal machine gun spews out half inch bullets...)

1 inch is about 12.7 mm ;)

My mate's scooby dropped it's oil all over the A1 near catterick a few weeks back too :p whilst doing 115 mph LMAO

did you know. that on the cam cover of the grande punto's ive seen

it tells you when the car was "born" down to the second :)

Sound travels 15x faster through steel than air!

You would explode before you suffocated in space due to the lack of pressure!

Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans prior to launch as passing wind damages the space suit!

If you were to count to one million averaging 100 numbers every minute, it would take you aproximately 4 weeks!

If the earth were to move off its axis by a mere 1 degree it would be uninhabitable. Equator would be too hot, the poles too cold!

An object can be thrown further if thrown to the west due to the rotation of the earth!

Last edited:
Another piece of useless and uninteresting information:

Pickle spends too much time looking on the internet for useless information to post on a useless information thread :nerner:

Cicadas can count! (y)

Albatrosses can fly non-stop for 10 years!

Termites mate for life:eek:

Have a nice day:)

Last edited:
Back