Pub information needed in Cornwall

Currently reading:
Pub information needed in Cornwall

I need to find a family friendly pub on the A30 somewhere between Okehampton and Bodmin that I can stop at in a few weeks time when I go on holiday to cornwall. It needs to have a play area outside/inside or a garden for my son to run around in after having being cooped up in the car.

I've looked online but can't seem to find anywhere that's recommended.

THanks v much for any help.

Heidi.

I need to find a family friendly pub on the A30 somewhere between Okehampton and Bodmin that I can stop at in a few weeks time when I go on holiday to cornwall. It needs to have a play area outside/inside or a garden for my son to run around in after having being cooped up in the car.

Heidi.

Just had a natter with a mate on the surf forum, if you can go an extra 1/2 hour after Bodmin he reckons there's a good pub at Roche.

He thinks it's called the Victoria Inn.

TRev

how odd, i'd never heard of Okehampton till about 20mins ago at my mates house - him and his missus were looking at places to stay around that area, now i see it again on here!!

Heidi.

just of the a30 but the wilsey down in hallworthy.

tis brilliant i assure yo. its our local.

really friendly, good food, decent beer (dont have a proper cellar so varies a bit) and really nice rooms and people.

can give you the phone number if you want?

Bodmin Jail, Bodmin PL31 2NR

Listed in GBG as having an outdoor area, a family room and no TV / jukebox Children &dogs welcome :) Has a prison museum which is a must-visit, apparently

Local beers too! Sounds good to me :D

Thanks for all your help - decided to stop at Jamaica Inn as they have a large child's play area.

Went there a few years ago, it's excellent (y) The food was delicious :yum:

Let us know how you get on - Hope it's still as fab as it I remember it as its changed hands since I went :eek: :)

Back