Styling Useless cup holders, any ideas?

Currently reading:
Styling Useless cup holders, any ideas?

Has anybody had a go at modifying the GP cup holders? fed up of picking up a drive through and having nowhere for my drink. The front too are simply useless but I am thinking the rear one must be moddable so it can actually hold a drink without it falling over round a corner.

The best cup holder I have used is the Audi. Just pops out of the centre console and adapts to the size of the bottle/can. There could so easily be a similar thing in the GP where the central bit of plastic above the climate control sits but oh well.

I use one of these

68400f01.jpg

the one behind the handbrake is the exact size for a maccy dees large coffee (paper) cup. i therefore deduce the front cup holders are indeed meant for mobiles / chewy / parking change / tins of pop that have the tops cut of, or jaw breaker gob stoppers. ;)

Ive got to say they are so useless, the ones in the mk2 were alot better (as long as you had 2 cans or something to wedge it so it doesnt fall over) the best cup holders are in my gfs 04 plate rover 25 there in the door & hold a relentless, monster or for you drink drives out there a beer can very snuggly.

Just been for a McDonalds and your right about the large drinks fitting perfectly in the back, that is the first thing I have found that does. I usually order coffee and that just falls over :(

front mobile or monster can quiet easily rear one for mcd's drinks only, my golf has much better cup holders, two in dash and two in centre console for rear, tuck away and hold anything! also a decent sized glovebox which the grande is lacking.

my body is a temple :)

Na i have some superhuman metabolic rate so i seem to just demolish food. I have to go to the gym to put weight on lol

its not just the cupholders that are crap, the total lack of any decent storage space is shocking!!!

Back