Technical Upper Brake Light

Currently reading:
Technical Upper Brake Light

you have side pockets/compartments in the boot.. pull it off (held on by Velcro) to get access to rear of the light cluster.. unclip wiring and undo 3 nuts (number 10 bit)

PNL - that would be easier, but the shop said the effect wont be any where as near as good.

12X - sorry, im referring to the top brake light on the top of the back window, the led strip.

cheers

I had a f/f sticker across the rear brake light on my stilo..used to show up rather nicely in the night..;)

oh sorry.. you have to get tailgate trim off for that.. i've made a 'guide' for rear foglights (you get to them in the same manner) its not in guides section though... you ave to searcg for it

lol, ive never been able to use the search with much success, cheers for the link.

right 12X, i got it all off and put the sticker/cover on and it was a bit of a cr*p fit with light shinning around the edge of the sticker, plus it kind of messed up when i was re-setting it in a better postition so now thats gone in the bin and i'm really frustrated :mad:

it your little guide you refer to the plastic clip things as tree lugs, how do you get the trim to go back on?

9 out of 10 of these lugs stayed in the car bodywork and it seems they should be in the trim, and then pushed ba inck to the body work. but ive tried to get the out with no success, how did you do it? any advice?

cheers

for the sticker.. you need to surround it with material that a) holds it in place and b) does not let light through (like really black tint) for tree lugs (you were unlucky to have 9 left in the tailgate - normally there's only 2 or 3..) you need to pull em out (although you start bleeding after the second one.. keep going) the simplest tool is a fork (however, tree lug head has to go in between the teeth - kind of emulates how it is fixed to your trim) and then you pull down (it does require a moderate amount of strength) when you get all of em off - put them back into your trim and push it in (although you should replace all tree lugs if you want to have the same level of hold as when it left the factory.. due to design.. once you pull em out - they won't be as strong). If you can’t find a form with a big enough gap – feel free to make a tool (or buy one if they are sold.. haven’t seen any) or use two thin screwdrivers |o| either side of the lug (this method will cause you to bleed even more)

lol, ive never been able to use the search with much success, cheers for the link.

right 12X, i got it all off and put the sticker/cover on and it was a bit of a cr*p fit with light shinning around the edge of the sticker, plus it kind of messed up when i was re-setting it in a better postition so now thats gone in the bin and i'm really frustrated :mad:

it your little guide you refer to the plastic clip things as tree lugs, how do you get the trim to go back on?

9 out of 10 of these lugs stayed in the car bodywork and it seems they should be in the trim, and then pushed ba inck to the body work. but ive tried to get the out with no success, how did you do it? any advice?

cheers

Ideally you want an extra pair of hands and alot of patience. 2 of the LEDs in mine had failed so i got a second hand one and replaced it. What a nightmare! I couldn't get the trim off completely so i just prised off as much as i felt comfortable with and worked with the space i had available. Stressful! :bang:

lol, looks like im in for a bit of fun...

the light cover was a sticker so it didn't need anything to hold it on, i will email the guy i got it from to see if i can have an extra larger one to stop the light on the edges.

cheers for your help guys, i will try and let you know how i get on

Back