Technical Upgrading Sub ?

Currently reading:
Technical Upgrading Sub ?

barwell1992

Does any one know if i remove the standard sub in the boot that i could just plug in another active sub (or amp then sub) ?

or would i have to start messing with the head unit

thanks

Yeah it' possible to change it for an aftermarket sub or amp, basically u have to cut of the factory connection and have all the wires showing then fit one of these, this connects to all the speaker outputs and also needs a ground which is there aswell..
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/celsus-lc2-adjustable-converter.html

Now u have RCA output.
Then while ur there use the 12v wire for the remote cable input on the amp.
Then amp ground cable to errrrmm...seat latch which is bare metal. Then run the power cable through the firewall grommet behind the scuttle panel to the battery :)

Hope that helped :p

ahh thanks for that, great help :)

does the standard sub in the boot have one of the above all ready or does it work differently?

thanks

Last edited:
ahh thanks for that, great help :)

does the standard sub in the boot have one of the above all ready or does it work differently?

thanks

I notice you drive a Grande Punto Abarth and judging from your user name I'm guessing you're 19 years old.

How the hell have you got insurance that isnt ridiculously high? Or is it ridiculously high haha

I notice you drive a Grande Punto Abarth and judging from your user name I'm guessing you're 19 years old.

How the hell have you got insurance that isnt ridiculously high? Or is it ridiculously high haha

indeed i am 19 and yup i do have a abarth, insurance is £1800 a year fully comp

doing 26k a year, only passed my test this year as well but i have had a full motorcycle license for 2 years and 3 years NCB on that had a 650cc bike for 2 years so spoke to insurance company and they gave me a small discount, and im on a multi car policy with the GF's 1.2 clio

indeed i am 19 and yup i do have a abarth, insurance is £1800 a year fully comp

doing 26k a year, only passed my test this year as well but i have had a full motorcycle license for 2 years and 3 years NCB on that had a 650cc bike for 2 years so spoke to insurance company and they gave me a small discount, and im on a multi car policy with the GF's 1.2 clio

:eek:

lol

and have found a sub i want, only cheep (ish) but 12" and has a high level input so can just wack speaker wires straight in and then all i have to do it run the power calbe to the batt

lol not a bad idea witht he twin subs

any one have an idea about fixing the dub down in th boot, i have a few ideas but they includ drilling the floor

going with this sub

VIBE-CBR10-EVO-ACTIVE.jpg

EDIT if i put it long ways in the boot like the standard sub then it would only have about 30mm of room to move then just use heavy duty velcro, i dont thing it would move alot and if it did then could bolt it down

Last edited:
thats the sub i have and trust me it doesnt move!.. the rubber round the bottom and the red carpet holds the boot and if u put it long ways there isnt 30mm of room because the rear seats tilt backwards so doesnt move at all
wp000463.jpg

doesnt move anywhere this way either

cool,

just one thing does it have a high level in ? most of vibes do but can see on the pics for this

cool, cheers would be much apriciated

did you use the high to low level converter that you posted earlier in this thread ?

Back