General Upgrading Mk3 Panda seats?

Currently reading:
General Upgrading Mk3 Panda seats?

Uno 60

I've bought a second hand 2005 Panda (1.2 dynamic), and am wondering if it's possible to upgrade the fixed rear seats to sliding ones, and install a front seat cushion adjustment lever?

If so, how/where would I go about doing this?

I've bought a second hand 2005 Panda (1.2 dynamic), and am wondering if it's possible to upgrade the fixed rear seats to sliding ones, and install a front seat cushion adjustment lever?

If so, how/where would I go about doing this?

Sliding rear seats were a very rare option and you only occasionally see them (and their associated parcel shelf) in cars. If you found one I suspect you could install it no problem.

Front seat cushion adjuster? You presumably mean replacing the front-passenger seat with a drivers-side seat with height adjuster. All doable.

hey man, what i mean is i want to be able to raise/lower the front drivers seat mainly for comfort. How do I go about sourcing/making this modification?

Sorry for the newbie questions but this is the first car I've ever owned!

hey man, what i mean is i want to be able to raise/lower the front drivers seat mainly for comfort. How do I go about sourcing/making this modification?

Sorry for the newbie questions but this is the first car I've ever owned!

OK, well the posher Mk3 Pandas have driver's seat height raisers - so probably easier to get one from a breakers yard (or ebay). A set of 100hp might be best, but also rarest. Matching a single 'adjustable' seat to your existing set may be more challenging.

With some adaptation (depending on your skills) you can fit seats from the 500, 2009+ Ford Ka or the Chrysler Ypsilon.

With some adaptation (depending on your skills) you can fit seats from the 500, 2009+ Ford Ka or the Chrysler Ypsilon.

FWIW, IMO the standard seats in the 500 pop/lounge are less comfortable than the standard seats in the Panda. :(

I've run both cars daily for over four years now.

As the sliding rear seat was an option, there aren't too many out there. If you can source one, you'll need to change over all the fixings for the parcel shelf as well as installing the runners, etc. The parcel shelf is a good bit smaller to allow for the seat to go back fully, however when the seat is fully forward, it leaves a gap so that you can see into the boot. I got custom made seat covers for my Panda with an extra flap to cover the gap.

The height adjustment on the driver's seat btw is only the rear end of the seat squab tilting up and down. The whole seat doesn't move so you might be disappointed if that's what you're expecting. Personally I like the tilt as it helps with my back.

As the sliding rear seat was an option, there aren't too many out there. If you can source one, you'll need to change over all the fixings for the parcel shelf as well as installing the runners, etc. The parcel shelf is a good bit smaller to allow for the seat to go back fully, however when the seat is fully forward, it leaves a gap so that you can see into the boot. I got custom made seat covers for my Panda with an extra flap to cover the gap.

The height adjustment on the driver's seat btw is only the rear end of the seat squab tilting up and down. The whole seat doesn't move so you might be disappointed if that's what you're expecting. Personally I like the tilt as it helps with my back.

Not being able to lower the seat is impeding visibility for me. I'm too tall to comfortably see traffic lights if I'm the first at the lights, for example. Need to keep peering down to see them.

Went to a dealer and they said it would be a 500 minimum to change the seat setup, so clearly a breaker's yard is where it's at. Any recommendations in the London area? Can the breaker's yard fit it or should I go to a service place? Somewhat confused

You'll be looking for an Eleganza or a Panda that has the height adjustable drivers seat as an option. Note that the seat material on the Eleganza differs from the Dynamic, so you'll either want to swap all the seats or the seat cover from the driver's seat. Expect sore fingers if you opt for the latter.

And yes, the scrapyard will most likely be able to do the work for a fee. I'd say though that they wouldn't be interested in doing a change of seat cover for you as that would take too much time.

I'm in Northern Ireland and am of no use to you on where any scrapyards are local to you.

Last edited:
Our latest toy is a 2011 Dynamic, which also has the driver height adjust. This model has the (depending on your opinion) best colour as it's dark grey. The seats are comfortable for me.

I'm only 6 feet tall but have the seat jacked up a bit (prefer it that way). No vision issues unless I have the visor down. I guess you get used to things. Like being able to park it any small space.

Sounds like a scrapyard or ebay breaker (just send them a message). For example this Eleganza:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-fiat...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2342499af1

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back