Tuning Upgrades to SX 60 Mk1 Punto

Currently reading:
Tuning Upgrades to SX 60 Mk1 Punto

Hey guys, new here, magic what communities you find on the internet!

Right I'm stuck, I'm looking to get into tuning my Punto up quite a bit.

That includes Induction Kit, Alloys, Full exhaust system, and from what I've been told you can get sport style leads for all the connections in the car.

Now I can't seem to find an induction kit that would fit my car / reliable enough for the thrashing the car would get if I fitted it.

Any help would be appreciated!

GSR induction.
Supersprint exhaust.
GSR/Red dot re-map.

Alloys wise anything light e.g. rotas.

Phone peter @ GSR on 07977 300 447 to discuss tuning the engine more.

GSR induction is apparently 'the ****' for a mk1 punto:slayer:

With GSR, you can go crazy. Supersprint full exhaust and manifold, GSR ported and skimmed head, GSR reprofiled camshaft, GSR induction and a GSR remap will see gains of 25 BHP. Improve the fuelling, and you can see gains of up to 70%!

Very expensive stuff for a SX, but like if it was for the GP why not?

Perhaps a full stainless system, and a panel filter is best for MK1, as doesn't suck any hot air in like induction kits (cheap). Fit a cold air feed, upgrade spark plugs, leads etc.

Then perhaps a remap after a service.

I haven't got the money to upgrade to a GT, as well as afford the insurance and pay for the new car ;(

I'm better off upgrading my current car for the time being :)

Also Unimatrix, how much was your exhaust system, and what did it need to make it fit?

Last edited:
I haven't got the money to upgrade to a GT, as well as afford the insurance and pay for the new car ;(

Also Unimatrix, how much was your exhaust system, and what did it need to make it fit?

Its a Janspeed cat back system it was £80 delivered from a guy off ebay he only used it for less than 3 months so i was pleased, I didnt need anything other than exhaust assembly paste it was a straight fit. You can listen to it on my other thread.

https://www.fiatforum.com/punto/191495-new-exhaust-just-fitted.html

Well with your current car, are you informing the insurance company of your modifications that you are doing on your car? That will increase the price still, if you don't your insurance will be invalid in the event of an accident.

if you sell and buy a punto sporting 1.2 16v.

you will have a better looking car.
a better driving car.
a faster car than your 60 even once gsr'd and remaped costing nearly 1k.
cheaper insurance.

shall i go on? lol

the 60 wasnt made for speed, the sporting was, you can pick them up for about £700.

if you sell and buy a punto sporting 1.2 16v.

you will have a better looking car.
a better driving car.
a faster car than your 60 even once gsr'd and remaped costing nearly 1k.
cheaper insurance.

shall i go on? lol

the 60 wasnt made for speed, the sporting was, you can pick them up for about £700.

id get the GT over the sporting anyday only because it looks better and its got more speed but not everyone has 3,000 for insurance lol

tbh I haven't got a great deal of money for something like this exhaust, is it worth just getting a back box then upgrading the rest later?

I used to own a vw golf and I just had a back box with that and it sounded great, only thing stopping me atm is money :/

tbh I haven't got a great deal of money for something like this exhaust, is it worth just getting a back box then upgrading the rest later?

I used to own a vw golf and I just had a back box with that and it sounded great, only thing stopping me atm is money :/

This depends if your current exhaust is 2 pieces or 1 full piece

If its 2 pieces then there is no reason why you cant just add a back box for sound

What I had done with my golf was the mechanic simply cut off the stock box and weld the new one onto it, would that be possible still?

And is there anywhere I can get just backboxes for the punto, I haven't had luck on ebay and everywhere else is just full systems over £100

Back