Technical Update on AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH Pinking!

Currently reading:
Technical Update on AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH Pinking!

Which is Cooler - Cinq. Sport or Sei. Sport???????????

• Cinquecento Sporting

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Seicento Sporting

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spoke to a very nice chap in an independant FIAT/Alfa garage today...and got the Cinq. booked in for a diagnostic. He seems to think that it is most likely a timing issue, and that the timing may not have been set correctly by the garage when the head gasket was done. It makes sense as its never been perfect when it comes to idling...always hunts a bit. Anyhoooooo, its going in on Monday morning, so fingers crossed!!!! Thanks for the suggestions guys.(y)

Its Tuesday this side of the world, get yer spanners out and check/adjust yersel'.

Cheers

SPD
Well done it is....but its also monday in 6 days time.........ha ha, no to be honest if it was'nt engine management, id gladly check...however im more used to distributors and points (my first car with injection) so im not confident with what id be doing...also im working solid until monday now, so i will not have the time to go fiddling. Plus if it isnt timing....it will be in the right place for examining.;)

:yeahthat:

The ECU will be reading and commanding the wrong timing, but that will be down to a physical sensor issue, the crank sensor alternator pulley, but if it is wrong, it wouldn't run anyway, so i'd be looking elsewhere.

Kristian

I think that a simple look at the timing of the cam and then making sure the bottom pulley is on the right place is such a simple check to make (providing you don't thinks its a vauxhall) that its worth the half hour just to be sure.

If its right, then there is a further problem, if its wrong it might cure it.

Cheers

SPD

I think that a simple look at the timing of the cam and then making sure the bottom pulley is on the right place is such a simple check to make (providing you don't thinks its a vauxhall) that its worth the half hour just to be sure.
:yeahthat:
Easy enough to get a few teeth out by accident and then it'll not run right what ever you do but it's hard to get it so far out it won't run if you're half awake.

Back