General Ulysse clicking noise agghhh!!

Currently reading:
General Ulysse clicking noise agghhh!!

Jimmyc

Hi all newbie here :) ive just bought a eleganza 2.0 diesel and when warming up i get a metalic clicking knocking noise from the front middle area it gies away after about 3/4 minutes its gets slower as the car warms almost like a house radiator knocks when warming through expansion, when i shut the car down i hear the fan noise under the car and the clickink/knocking sound from outside also it sounds like its oming from underneath. It continues until it cools again and stops its driving me nuts :bang: can anyone help pleeeeeaase ps no warning lights and no other probs at all (y) thanks all , jimmy.

Hi & Welcome here.
Sounds to me like the sort of noises expanding metal makes as it gets hotter during warm up. Exhaust or the manifold maybe? Doesn't sound like anything to worry about if performance is fine & no dashboard errors come up.

This also happens as it all cools down again...

Hi & Welcome here.
Sounds to me like the sort of noises expanding metal makes as it gets hotter during warm up. Exhaust or the manifold maybe? Doesn't sound like anything to worry about if performance is fine & no dashboard errors come up.

This also happens as it all cools down again...

Hi thanks, think your right it sounds just like that, after reading about the webasto unit under the car i think its when that is warming up at the start of a journey and stays burning wben car is switched off , good job i read this forum as when i moved the car round to the back of my house i knew what that puff of diesel fumes was coming out from under the car! otherwise i may have ran for a hose! Lol thanks again

Back