General Twinair service - Tyne & Wear?

Currently reading:
General Twinair service - Tyne & Wear?

Hi all.

First time posting and hoping someone can help.

Recently bought a 2012 500 Twinair as a second car and would like to get it serviced by someone who knows a little about them.

I'd be happy to service it myself but would like to keep the service history intact at this point with stamps in the book.

Are there any trusted independent garages in Tyne and Wear anyone uses? Local fiat dealer wants £181 for a oil change.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum, garages who know this engine well, very few and far between.
If you can service the car yourself then this is what I'd do at this age a fully stamped book might not be worth the money especially as you're possibly the cars final owner?
Keeping a 10+ year old car on the road is all about minimising costs ours is a 09 car.
Use the exact spec oil, this is critical on this car.
Well known issues, door handles, rear beam axle(rusted spring pans), wiring to the boot lid, DMF sometimes.

Welcome to the forum, garages who know this engine well, very few and far between.
If you can service the car yourself then this is what I'd do at this age a fully stamped book might not be worth the money especially as you're possibly the cars final owner?
Keeping a 10+ year old car on the road is all about minimising costs ours is a 09 car.
Use the exact spec oil, this is critical on this car.
Well known issues, door handles, rear beam axle(rusted spring pans), wiring to the boot lid, DMF sometimes.

Is there somewhere everyone uses for spare parts? Or service parts like filters and oil?

Yeah, yet to check the rear axle but do plan on getting it up on stands this weekend and having a good look. Hopefully it's a case of tidy up surface rust but I'm able to replace if needed.

Wiring looks ok to the boot lid at the moment, I guess it's a matter of time with the original loom.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there somewhere everyone uses for spare parts? Or service parts like filters and oil?

Yeah, yet to check the rear axle but do plan on getting it up on stands this weekend and having a good look. Hopefully it's a case of tidy up surface rust but I'm able to replace if needed.

Wiring looks ok to the boot lid at the moment, I guess it's a matter of time with the original loom.

Thanks for the reply.
There's a 10% forum discount if you donate to the forum, bit of a faff trying to find the discount code but it's in the members section.

Shop for parts are excellent I've used them twice since buying our Panda 4x4 in July.

Is there somewhere everyone uses for spare parts? Or service parts like filters and oil.
Everyone is different I tend to get all the parts from Ebay, just choose carefully, sometimes buy a genuine fiat oil filter, I've replaced the axle on ours, and LOTS of other parts at least they're cheap and simple to replace

Back