Tuning turbo time!

Currently reading:
Tuning turbo time!

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1413486722.003700.jpgshweeeet

Rings and piston look fine they all look very good it's a very low mileage engine as you can see the cross hatching is like new.

The lines are to perfect. I recon it's probably something picked up on the tool when the bloke as bored out as its a actually a spiral down the vote from top to bottom

It's not deep just strange! Doubt it will cause problems or effect performance

Anyone happen to know where I can buy fiat engine parts from? I did have a fiat dealer with a big parts department by my parents but it's now a Nissan dealer!

I don't mind buying online!

All the shells in this engine are perfect except the centre crank shell with the thrust bearings attached! One of them has detached itself from the shell. Not really a problem as its fixed in place once the bottom half of bolted on and is just lightly spot welded to help assembly, but I really don't want to fit damaged parts for the sake of a few quid....

Rings and shells ordered! Ended up buying everything because fiat have updated the design of the thrust washers and was only a little more for a whole set of mains.

Pistons have been in the parts washer so now look like new. Going to smooth off all the sharp edges around the valve reliefs and have anti detonation groves machined into them.

Fingers crossed I'll have it built back up by Saturday then I'll strip the head and see what changes I find!

Also going to do a detailed measurement of the cams and see how they differ to the mk1 16v and a few other cams I have and see what is best to use

how different are these piston to the 1.2 16v pistons?

just thinking if they would fit the 8v engine

Depends on the gudgeon pin size. I can measure them tomorrow. I made a list somewhere on here with a list of sizes but you'll have to search for that.

If you are thinking of using them in a 8v to lower compression on a 1.4 then I'd go for the 16v N/a Pistons as these would lower the compression far to much on a 8v!

Also they 16v Pistons will be much cheaper!

Could probably even get custom made Pistons for the price of a tjet engine just for the Pistons or buying new from fiat!

Back