Tuning Tuning Boxes

Currently reading:
Tuning Tuning Boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know yet...i just ordered it.I hope i'll get it in the week.I'm only asking because there are lot's of tuning boxes out there, and some of them are cr@p!If anyone has an idea that the one i got is among that category...

Well impressed with my Spider tuning box. Helpful site and aftersales. Sh*t hot performance and getting about 5mpg extra. Adjustable aswell if i ever fancy a tinker. Wanted a Reddot remap but was worried about it being wiped when serviced (which my dealer said may occur). He put me on to the Spider. I did check others out but im well chuffed with my choice:D

Oh yeah, whos gonna ban the ****????

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with many tuning boxes tbh and nothing wrong with many remaps tbh. This forum seems to be remap or nothing but if you go onto other forums you will find its tuning box or nothing. You hear alot of bad things about tuning boxes here and you hear alot of bad things about maps elsewhere. tbh get what you want. Invisible map or removable box.

I luvvit when old Threads & Posts get a new lease of life! :D

For the record, 54,000 miles now, got re-mapped at 32,000 miles.

No issues at all.... MoT up on Sept 29th so I will see if the re-map affects the emissions, but I gotta have the cambelt kit and water pump done before the MoT just "to be sure".

Reliable, economical, quick enough when I want it to be.

Jassyo needs to understand that I have already done the Beemer "posh" car thing and I am very VERY happy with the GPS.

Well, i got the box today and went for a spin.The car is very different now, it pulls away better and there is no smoke either.I didn't see huge improvement though because it is set at very low settings.Here is a pic.Does anyone know how to change those settings into higher level without blowing up my car or something?

Attachments

• 15092009379.jpg
    15092009379.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 92
Looks like a DTUK box? is it? Im suprised you didnt go for the green box, thats the usual for 8/16v 1.9 jtd engines.

anyways, DTUK boxes are good, despite what many on here will tell you but at the end of the day have they tried them? no.

I dont know the settings so dont play with them, ask on here http://www.astraownersnetwork.com or email DTUK.

No, it's a race chip pro.But it looks like a dtuk though.It costs 230 euro.200 less than the dtuk.I better check that link you gave me first.Thanks.

Well i asked for a guide and they snt me this.but i can't understand what the switch 2 does.The first is for power and torque.Any help?

Attachments

• service-card-en.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
well, i called them and here is what they said.
The left switch is for torque and power and the right one is to adjust in which rpm the chip stops working.Like a safety net i guess.So i asked if i raise power what do i do with the other switch and he said to set it lower so at 3500 it will stop.well...i didn't, i raised it that too.It made a big difference!I only hope i don't blow up the car...

well, i called them and here is what they said.
The left switch is for torque and power and the right one is to adjust in which rpm the chip stops working.Like a safety net i guess.So i asked if i raise power what do i do with the other switch and he said to set it lower so at 3500 it will stop.well...i didn't, i raised it that too.It made a big difference!I only hope i don't blow up the car...

:eek: Be careful... if it all goes wrong it will happen quickly and expensively...

I don't have a scanner so...
Well, the power is enough for my taste, but the torque is madness!

Hmmmm... torque will kill your clutch if you take liberties with it, so gently... and keep your foot off the clutch!

And you dont need a scanner to quote numbers :p

Does it make + 190Bhp + more than 260ft lbs?

I don't have a scanner so here some pictures from my phone.
The power is enough for my taste right now, but the torque is madness!

Attachments

• 23092009399.jpg
    23092009399.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 23092009396.jpg
    23092009396.jpg
    660.1 KB · Views: 127
And you dont need a scanner to quote numbers
you got me to it!:)
the hp is not to much ( good for me, i can set the chip in higher level if i want) but the torque is super!:slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back