Technical TRW2SCAN

Currently reading:
Technical TRW2SCAN

shaun

Established member
Hi, does anyone have a copy of the TRW2SCAN tool i cannot download it from the wiki site.

Thanks Shaun

Hi shaun,
Sorry, I don't have an answer for you. I'm sure you have read through it already, but just in case, the Trw2scan wiki points to another thread that is slightly more recent (last one Nov-21), than the one you refer to. In page 8 (2014-2016) the contributors go into some of the fine print of getting the Trw2scan to work avoiding some common pitfalls (including Chinese "knock-offs" odb with a CH340 chip vs the genuine FT232), and there are some members who claim success:
Perhaps there is some morsel of info in there that can sort it out for you.
Good luck, and keep us updated!
T with a -95 b

Hi, has anybody managed to get TRW2SCAN to work
Never had to try but happy to try to help. Whereabouts are you based?
Your earlier error looks like an issue with extracting the utility earlier in in the process. If you're local to me I can wander over and look or I can send some ideas over...

Thanks for the replies, I have managed to get to a screen which flashes up and then disappears straight away which says it recognised the device.I will check out the Alfa forums again . I'm in Bath Chris. Thanks guys again

Reactions: tjr
Thanks for the replies, I have managed to get to a screen which flashes up and then disappears straight away which says it recognised the device.I will check out the Alfa forums again . I'm in Bath Chris. Thanks guys again
I have a screenshot which flashes up quickly, it is the same message whether it is contacted or not

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230416_104332_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20230416_104332_Photos.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
When you get that message are you just double-clicking the trw2scan.exe file? The output looks like what you're get if trw2scan isn't reading it's obd file. It's basically found your OBD adapter but then not had any instructions to process. What happens if you single click on trw2.obd and drag and drop it on to trw2scan.exe? As you hover the drag over trw2scan.exe it should show something like 'Open with trw2scan.exe'. That should give trw2scan.exe the file it needs to work.
If that isn't working then I'm driving from Bristol to Malmesbury this afternoon so depending where you are in Bath I could drop in
trw2scan.gif

Hi Chris, i will need to go back around the garage to check that out. I am just above the Football ground BA21LT
Thanks

Chris, you are a genius. Thanks very much it worked. Do you recommend just clearing the faults or do I need to put in the diodes in that I read somewhere

Attachments

• 20230416_114822.jpg
    20230416_114822.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
I had a airbag light on when I bought the car and have removed the seats and clean the contacts and put them back in

Everything is still in the car. I have just reset it with no problems. Just have pretensioner side circuit interrupted

Chris, you are a genius. Thanks very much it worked. Do you recommend just clearing the faults or do I need to put in the diodes in that I read somewhere
Careful!

From the wiki:
"Airbags should be replaced by 3.3Ohm "dummy" resistors for safety reasons in order to prevent the ECU from detecting the missing airbags. For disonnecting the airbags follow the workshop manual!"
"ATTENTION: It is strongly recommended NOT to use this software while the airbags are connected to the ECU! For disconnecting follow the procedure proposed in the respective workshop manual. E.g. disconnect the battery and wait for 10 minutes before disconnecting the airbag."

The chance for the airbags activating might be slim, but is it worth the risk? If they by chance activate, are you able to source new ones?

Back