General Trunk latch stopped working

Currently reading:
General Trunk latch stopped working

TickledTink

Hi everyone I have a 2016 fiat 500 X lounge. My trunk latch has just stopped working for no apparent reason. I am assuming it is a fuse if anyone has any information on this I would be so very grateful. Also if anyone knows the location of the fuse for the trunk. In Canada we do not have a button on the inside of the car for the trunk nor do we have one on the fob the only thing that opens it is the trunk latch. So I currently cannot open my trunk or use it for groceries would appreciate any help

Hi everyone I have a 2016 fiat 500 X lounge. My trunk latch has just stopped working for no apparent reason. I am assuming it is a fuse if anyone has any information on this I would be so very grateful. Also if anyone knows the location of the fuse for the trunk. In Canada we do not have a button on the inside of the car for the trunk nor do we have one on the fob the only thing that opens it is the trunk latch. So I currently cannot open my trunk or use it for groceries would appreciate any help
Thank you for moving my post to the fiat 500x section, much appreciated 😊

I could be wrong but theres no fuse that controls this when looking at the fuse diagram for the car - its done via the body control module - so its possible that theres either an issue with the switch or the wiring to the button - does everything else work? Heated screen? Rear wash wipe?

I could be wrong but theres no fuse that controls this when looking at the fuse diagram for the car - its done via the body control module - so its possible that theres either an issue with the switch or the wiring to the button - does everything else work? Heated screen? Rear wash wipe?
Yes everything else is working

Back