Styling Tinting rear lights on my MK1

Currently reading:
Styling Tinting rear lights on my MK1

Hey MK1ers i just thought i should write this thread to ask if there is any advice/tips that you could give me on previous experiance on tinting the rear lights on a punto mk1

Damo

I have ordered the tint spray + lacquer and it should be here monday/tuesday when it arrives thats when i shall be doing it.

Last edited:
Take them off duh, then clean them hard with soapy water
Do them in like a garage or somewhere shelterd and warm.
In Hinesight, I would have done mine in my garage, with a heater on, and heating the lamps up slightly so it sticks better.
And when you apply a second coat, wait till the 1st coat is NOT completely dtried, only slightly so its still tacky (the first layer) This helps the second layer stick better.
And thats all I have

Halfords.
Good local car shops
Ebay

thanks again you always manage to help :)

i looked in halfords but could not find any?

also is there a legal limit to how tinted you can have your lights?
silly question i know but im sick of being pulled by police for bein a young driver and dont want this to add another reason lmao

thanks again you always manage to help :)

i looked in halfords but could not find any?

also is there a legal limit to how tinted you can have your lights?
silly question i know but im sick of being pulled by police for bein a young driver and dont want this to add another reason lmao

Halfords do sell it. There are two types, Savage and E-tech
E-tech being the one with laquer already in
and Savage which drys matt

As long as the reflecters at the bottom are visible you are fine and also make sure they are not so dark that your lights don't even shine through or you will have to buy high visibility bulbs.
:)

Halfords do sell it. There are two types, Savage and E-tech
E-tech being the one with laquer already in
and Savage which drys matt

As long as the reflecters at the bottom are visible you are fine and also make sure they are not so dark that your lights don't even shine through or you will have to buy high visibility bulbs.
:)

ill have to ask as the halfords store in crewe is tiny lol,

fanks again m8

Savage is the tinting spray i got so ill need to lacquer mine even though i got told i wont need lacquer!

when i have lacquered them ill post pics up(y)

You don't need to lacquer them. e.g.

IMG_1619.jpg

Maybe you're just no good at it and need practice.

A dull finish is because it's not level or there's been a reaction.

Maybe you're just no good at it and need practice.

A dull finish is because it's not level or there's been a reaction.

Thats true im not good at it as it was my first time but we all start somewhere :) and this is why i plan to put this mistake correct with lacquering them for a shiny finish which it also said on the back of the tin it needs lacquer but no more than 2 coats.

Back