Technical time is of the essence

Currently reading:
Technical time is of the essence

Well i'm helping change break pads in the 126 today :eek:

And got PH insured today so hopefully shall have him MOT'd and taxed by the end of the week and back on the road where he belongs (y)(y)(y)

Hi Neeny. Must admit I've never bothered, I've just changed the belt (and, latterly, tensioner). To my mind as it's relatively easy compared to most cars to change the pump, it's not such a big deal to have to do it separately if it does fail. Depending on other replied though, I might find out I'm being lazy!

Best of luck with the job - have fun, and enjoy the cuppa afterwards!

David

Yep, I do the same. Definately do the tensioner every time though, they wear out quicker than the belts!

Well Purple Haze failed his MOT today :(

Corroded(sp?) brake pipes dunno if there was any advisories yet get him back Tuesday with nice new pipes (y)

Not had an advisory last time...to be very honest he never failed an mot before...not to bad for his first fail I guess. Sorry to hear it though..

It's not that bad! as on 18 year old car could've been a lot worse so i'm just glad he's been looked after by his previous owner! so hopefully as of tuesday he will be up and running again! (y)

So I think i'll be looking for empty car parks on Tuesday so i can learn all his wee quirks before i'm let loose on the road :D

Back