Technical time is of the essence

Currently reading:
Technical time is of the essence

neeny09

Crazy Lady
Hi guys need some quick quick help here

got my speedo cable this morning and my other half needs a tool list for putting it back in! I dont have much tools as of yet!

i've tried searching the forum but all i can find so far is how to remove it which him in doors has already done!

any point in the right direction would be nice as i can't even locate the guides as i'm having a blonde moment! :bang:

Thanks on advance
Neeny x

don't think you need anything more than a screwdriver to take the dash apart, and preferably octopus tentacles to feed it through and screw it back into the top of the gearbox, think the connectors either end are just plastic tighten by hand things.

don't think you need anything more than a screwdriver to take the dash apart, and preferably octopus tentacles to feed it through and screw it back into the top of the gearbox, think the connectors either end are just plastic tighten by hand things.

cool thank you!
one end is plastic and one's metal! 'm being made to do it :confused: this might take a while :ROFLMAO:

hopefully have all the wee bits done and then all thats got to be done is MOT and tax him and well be taking him to st andrews you still going?(y)

Screwdriver and that's it......tape the old one to the new one and pull it through....:)

Thanks Kevin great advice worked a treat! i done most of it under supervision of course! but fitted and works (y)(y)(y)

Great...glad your all sorted...(y)...I won't patronise you with a well done for a girl . The good thing about pandas is that most things are easy to sort. My other half has completely stripped and rebuilt pandas...before that she had not even picked up a spanner.

Great...glad your all sorted...(y)...I won't patronise you with a well done for a girl . The good thing about pandas is that most things are easy to sort. My other half has completely stripped and rebuilt pandas...before that she had not even picked up a spanner.

Well i managed it in under an hour so i've been told the timing belt is next on my to do list (y)

well done you!.. i am hopless at the timimng belt job, when you know how can you come and do mine for me !

well done you!.. i am hopless at the timimng belt job, when you know how can you come and do mine for me !

now now that's getting ahead of ourselves I might be hopeless too :ROFLMAO:

Glad I did the speedo cable though cause now i also know how to change a tyre (y)(y)(y)

belive me know one is worse at doing the timing than me, last time i made such a mess of it the car jumped around kangreroo style! maybe there a vedio out there showing how its done .let us know if you crack it tho

belive me know one is worse at doing the timing than me, last time i made such a mess of it the car jumped around kangreroo style! maybe there a vedio out there showing how its done .let us know if you crack it tho

i''ve had the silliest smile on my face all day because i managed to do it is that normal?

If i managed to do the timing belt too i'd jumping about like a looney (y)

hopefully have all the wee bits done and then all thats got to be done is MOT and tax him and well be taking him to st andrews you still going?(y)
absolutely, grand plans afoot and a garage full of bits to fit to prepare for it. Might even get round to some of it:eek: Definitely be there though.

I've just looked at the guide for changing the timing belt on here!!!!! :eek: I think that my other half is either totally mental or over estimates my abilities a tad! That looks well complicated and hard!

Do you's think I'll get away with the typical female response of "I can't do that, I might break a nail!"

absolutely, grand plans afoot and a garage full of bits to fit to prepare for it. Might even get round to some of it:eek: Definitely be there though.

Cool cool hopefully just got to MOT (and that PH passes first time) and tax and we'll be taking the Panda if not I think it might be the 126 if it's steering problems aren't down to the king pins needing replaced! It never rains but it pours :bang:

yep doing timing is lost on me .i keep waiting for the ureeka moment when the penny drops but it hasnt arrived yet .. that said i have never had anyone try to exlain it to me .i will have to sort out the guide that you READ , and see if the light turns on!. its a real stumbbling block and i am sure its so easy for those who know. but then aint that always the way

yep doing timing is lost on me .i keep waiting for the ureeka moment when the penny drops but it hasnt arrived yet .. that said i have never had anyone try to exlain it to me .i will have to sort out the guide that you READ , and see if the light turns on!. its a real stumbbling block and i am sure its so easy for those who know. but then aint that always the way

I've kinda gotten out of it my other half read the guide and his response was "emm I think i'll be doing that but you ARE helping" so i'll be passing him tools and making coffee (y)

I think i'll still try do wee bits here and there I really want to learn how to keep my car in tip top nick (y)

It's not as hard as you think....takes a bit of time to do the whole job and a bit of strength to undo the bottom pulley bolt. Once the crank and cam are lined up it's quite straight forward. I'm sure you will be ok...(y)

Great attitude Neeny, keep it up (y).

Well the breaking a nail excuse didn't work I've still got to do it with supervision (y) however him in doors was wondering if when changing the timing belt your just as well changing the water pump at the same time like most other cars? (y)

Well the breaking a nail excuse didn't work I've still got to do it with supervision (y) however him in doors was wondering if when changing the timing belt your just as well changing the water pump at the same time like most other cars? (y)

Hi Neeny. Must admit I've never bothered, I've just changed the belt (and, latterly, tensioner). To my mind as it's relatively easy compared to most cars to change the pump, it's not such a big deal to have to do it separately if it does fail. Depending on other replied though, I might find out I'm being lazy!

Best of luck with the job - have fun, and enjoy the cuppa afterwards!

David

Hi Neeny. Must admit I've never bothered, I've just changed the belt (and, latterly, tensioner). To my mind as it's relatively easy compared to most cars to change the pump, it's not such a big deal to have to do it separately if it does fail. Depending on other replied though, I might find out I'm being lazy!

Best of luck with the job - have fun, and enjoy the cuppa afterwards!

David

David...a man after my own heart.....I do the same as you...:eek:

Back