Technical Throttle position sensor problem and remedy.

Currently reading:
Technical Throttle position sensor problem and remedy.

RobL

Hi All.
2.8 jtd x230. I covered this under a different heading so I'm repeating it here as it may be of use to someone.
Symptoms were-: Throttle surging during deceleration. Erattic idle up to 2000rpm. Intermittent dash injector light. Occasionally no response from the throttle at all other than idle.
The fault wasn't obvious in the beginning because of it being intermittent. One of the TPS ground wires was found to have no continuity to ground. This was tested with a multimeter,red probe on the TPS plug blue wire,black probe on a chassis ground under the dash. I then removed the plug from the ECU and identified the 6 TPS wires. They are in a row pin 76 to 81 although not in the same order as the TPS plug. I then soldered a jumper wire onto the TPS plug blue ground wire and then ran it through the firewall and did the same at the ECU plug. Engine runs fine now with no faults. The moral of the story is don't assume that the sensors are at fault it is highly likely to be the wiring especially on a Fiat.

Back