Technical The steering wheel vibrates when brake

Currently reading:
Technical The steering wheel vibrates when brake

Aferna

Hi
I would like to ask if someone has had some kind of brake vibration issues. My first brake discs were replaced with 190.000 km. Currently with 260.000 km is starting with the same issue (vibrations while braking).
I wouldn't like to use the same discs brand due to I think the duration is too short.
I'm thinking about using Brembo pads and discs. What do you think about it? Could you recommend another brakes brand?. Cheers.

Last edited:
In my other car the first discs were replaced at 280.000 km so i think I'm using brakes properly.

Did you replace the pads along with the discs the last time you replaced them?
If not, the warped pads could cause the discs to take the warped form and start creating that juddering under breaking.

It may also be caused by washing your car with a high pressure washer when your brakes are still hot and this causes the discs to warp giving you the same problem

Yes. Discs and pads were replaced at the same time. Maybe i have to perform the wheels balancing again, since above 120 km/h there are some slight vibrations in the steering.

Last edited:
how old tires?

Less than 2 months. Maybe they didn't perform the wheels balancing properly. The problem is the wheels garaje is too far from my home else I would have came back.

I'm going to check the discs with a micrometer clock because I am not sure whether the problem is on brakes or on front tyres.

Back