General The MK1 Uno sleeper thread

Currently reading:
General The MK1 Uno sleeper thread

Cheers for the comments guys!!

Yer Chas I took my time guiding it in gently.

Alex I didn’t use any wheels to raise the body, just as a backup incase the jacks and axle stands gave way. Working alone means help isn’t very near so can’t be too careful.

Rawill go for it!! This car already had the turbo gear in when I got her, just needed some freshening.

Just a little update..

New wishbones, track rod ends and anti role bar bushes fitted with temp stub axles. Front wheel bearings still to be fitted (need help I think).

I got the front struts on and a few more wires connected up, along with a few bits of soldering where clips gave way.

12_.jpg

Looks fantastic. Did you re-build the engine yourself? How did you put it in. From above with a crane or lift the car and drop it over the engine?

It must feel great to get all the heavy stuff and suspension back on :D
Cheers!!

No rebuild.. just another engine which I hope is better. Else I’m going to rebuild the original one (with a little help from an engine shop).

Jacked the car up and wheeled the engine under (see above pics ;)) then lowered the car over the engine (Very slowly).

good work mate,

you must be very proud of yourself,

hope you haven't scratched that nice paint lol (y)
Well proud!!

Only paint I’ve scratched so far is that crappy acrylic :). No scratches on your nice blue (knock on wood)

louie that looks like progress :D
i guess fiat do still do uno turbo wishbones etc? :confused:
Wishbones (or lowering arms) are aftermarket ones made by Delphie. I’ve yet to see any without the holes for the ARB clamp.

When you fit the ARB, make sure the car is kacked up both sides or you’ll be fighting erm.. Role!!. I fitted the inner brackets first, then the outer ones and then mounted the struts to the hub carriers and didn’t have any struggle which I read about In Chas’s guide https://www.fiatforum.com/uno-guides/45105-fitting-turbo-anti-roll-bar-45s.html. I found the pics ever so helpful Chas!! Many thanks.

I used superflex bushes (4 of these babies http://www.superflex.co.uk/photopage.php?part_id=1138) Worked out cheaper than standard ones too. They are all the same bush (unlike the OEM ones).

Tonight I took off that air flow meter bracket amd gave it a good clean and prime along with a few other bits and bobs so nothing to update on really.

he underneath it tonight and arrived home and dissapeared into the garage with a box off shiny new bits n bobs from local Fiat dealer:spin:

Ok bit of a rewind to early last week..

I stripped the interior, as I need to replace the handbrake lever because clicks in both directions. I thought My Uno floor was mint.

100_4834.jpg

Well this popped the bubble. Stuck sound deadening isn’t a good sign
So I stripped it all out. The tar stuff was mostly brittle so I chipped it out too. Flore pan isn’t too bad

FL_3.jpg

FL_4.jpg

FL_2.jpg

FL_5.jpg

FL_1.jpg

Looking at recently posted pictures it’s not really that bad :)

Pic of the down pipe before It went on the other night

FL_6.jpg

Who said Fiat don’t sell anything for the Uno? YAY!!

FL_7.jpg

Pic of the pump and rear filter before it came off
FL_8.jpg

I found a kink in the rigid fuel line so I took off the tank off to swap with the ones out of the MK2 I broke.

I managed to not snap the filler neck retaining clip but my fingers are killing me.

There was no plastic tank prior to the metal tank. Is that an early MK1 thing or is it missing?

Last edited:
It really good to see your Uno coming along, thought you got the whole look of the car just right in those first pics!!
The colour, the Lancia alloys and other bits and bobs complement each other well. :D
Ive got a mk1 60s which is a ittle project ive had for a while, although ive started doing some little jobs on it now.
Funny enough i got some slightly diffrent Lancia "14" inch alloys, which im goin to have refurbished in gloss black with Abarth centres as well.
Mine is coming along now, and hoping to get it on the road and do some repairs to the body & paint when funds allow!
Good luck with your Uno, and looking forward to seeing the end result!

Cheers for the comments Paul.

I must admit the previous owner did all the styling on this car :eek: (y).

Well I took off the exhaust tonight as I’m not happy with the rusty old centre section and mid box. I’m thinking of fitting the one I got of the MK2 some time ago, but I like the smaller exit. Don’t think the smaller backbox has enough baffles to be used with the stainless centre pipe.

100_4987.jpg

I don't want it loud and the MK2 sounded nice but not keen on the massive exit look :bang:

Back