Tuning T-Jet Tuning Help?

Currently reading:
Tuning T-Jet Tuning Help?

You talking Lagerlouts one? thought it cost a fair bit more than just 9k to do all the work and his was running 300bhp last I heard, increased capacity to 1.5L or something like that.

No no, this was a different one. This was a tuning comanies. They managed a safe 260bhp without major work. But still very costly.

VL36 (Abarth Grande Punto) and VL38 (Abarth 500) do differ slightly, I believe the VL36 spools up faster but maxes out quicker (for more low end torque since the GP is heavier), whereas the VL38 spools slower but boosts higher later on in the rev range.

The manifold is the same for the VL37 (standard T-Jet turbo), VL36 and VL38. It would be perfectly fine to just swap the turbo and map it, but if you want more than around 155bhp you'll need to mod a few more things.

My car has: VL36 Turbo, Forge Intercooler, GSR Induction, 2.5" Catback exhaust, De-cat, Forge Actuator. Remapped and running 180bhp. Check my members motors thread (link in my sig) for more info
smile.gif

Email I received ages ago:

"The preferred turbo selection is the VL36, as far as I can see is that the two turbos are physically alike but the turbines are slightly different, VL38 tends to boost quickly and then drop off, where as the VL36 boosts longer and ultimately giving a higher output."

nah the vl38 doesnt boost until higher up. i think mine starts boosting at about 2500rpm and starts dropping off at about 3500rpm

the vl36 boosts with a similar range to vl37 but then holds onto it for a lot longer. i think it starts boosting around 1500-1700rpm.

I've also been looking at some abarth SS turbos, is there anyone that's used one on here and if not why not? Or is it because there more expensive than the others and the extra power would mean upgrading things like the injectors and so on.?

I've also been looking at some abarth SS turbos, is there anyone that's used one on here and if not why not? Or is it because there more expensive than the others and the extra power would mean upgrading things like the injectors and so on.?

Need a new manifold and downpipe with the SS Turbo, plus injectors as that turbo is good for 220 or more possibly.

yeah, I'll just have to wait around til the right vl36 comes along then!

Back