General T-Jet re-map

Currently reading:
General T-Jet re-map

140standard? that sounds great i might get mine rr to see what its really pulling i did wonder if it was more than 120 in 3rd gear it keeps up with more powerful cars. id like to hear more about bigger turbos manifolds and other things like that to improve power other than a remap

do we have anything new here?

The latest news from tuners in greece is 151bhp(5500rpm) and 28kg(3000rpm) of torque in the flywheel with a remap, a replacement filter inside the stock filter box and full exhaust system with 2 different cagtalysts (200cpi) (60 mm diameter in downpipe and 55 mm till the end)

As a newbie here I thought I would join to see how far a TJet can be pushed in std form just by remapping. What I learn is that it is likely the std 120 is nearer 140bhp and that is about it with std ecu, turbo etc. :confused:

Thanks guys - look forward to more useful stuff on this forum.(y)Maybe need to change my sig already !

Last edited:
I think that FIAT has a very smart and safe ecu... I'm going to upload the dyno plots in a couple of minutes

Punto T Jet -- Fiat Spec --

Punto T Jet -- Exhaust & Remmap --

Punto T Jet -- Exhaust & Remmap & Air Filter Out --

[FONT=&quot]Hi ,

We achieved 147PS on a completely stock car (OEM filter & exhaust) on A MAHA LPS3000.
I will try to upload the stock & remapped dynoplots later this evening.

@Power Techniques: The car is available for testing if you like [/FONT][FONT=&quot]:)

BR,

Costas[/FONT]

Overload-performance.gr

Last edited:
OEM dyno:

punto-tjet-oem.jpg

Remap Dyno:

punto-tjet-overload.jpg

Nice job, probably could get a bit more torque? nice power progression until turbo starts to die!

Have you you tried with a different exhaust? or do you think the power is limited by size of turbo?

Awsome thread guys, the best read on here by far! Being a t-jet owner i must say i have a big smile on my ace finding out that the t-jets are just shy of 140bhp when claimed to be 120bhp.
Looking to get a remap and air filter done by GSR very soon.

Good up the good work.

Reece

Nice job, probably could get a bit more torque? nice power progression until turbo starts to die!

Have you you tried with a different exhaust? or do you think the power is limited by size of turbo?

They are limited by the size of the turbo. Intentionally done by fiat to stop normal Tjets beating abarths off just a map.

OEM dyno:
Remap Dyno:
Hmmm.... map looks terrible, like all T-jet maps. Max power @ 4300rpm? Almost like a diesel. Too bad Fiat decided to put on such a small turbo.

Have you guys done any test with the abarth turbo on a T-jet? I've ordered one, because of the limitations of the stock turbo. I like my power delivery progressive to the redline and torque as linear as possible.

The turbo is running out of puff. Exhaust won't make a big difference with the turbo. We use the bigger turbo on the T-Jets to get the performance increased dramatically.

Hmmm.... map looks terrible, like all T-jet maps. Max power @ 4300rpm? Almost like a diesel. Too bad Fiat decided to put on such a small turbo.

Have you guys done any test with the abarth turbo on a T-jet? I've ordered one, because of the limitations of the stock turbo. I like my power delivery progressive to the redline and torque as linear as possible.

Map looks great for the stock turbo.... the car keeps power (>140bhp) until almost 6000rpm. Thats great. I think getting more torque at 3000rpm is pointless. It will give you a little more power at 3000rpm but nothing more and you risk to harm both your turbo and engine with the increased boost.

You can keep more torque at high rpm by using a different catalyst (A HJS 200cpi as example) and maybe a bigger downpipe.
But if you are to give that money, its better to change the turbo instead of the catalyst...
Because something like that its really tempting

Last edited:
Map looks great for the stock turbo....
Yes, that's true. The map itself is very good. I wasn't implying on a bad job with the remap. Nice work with that.(y)

What I was trying to say is that the stock T-jet turbo is cr#p. As a result of that, you can't get the power to climb up to redline and the torque spikes at low revs.

If you look at the dyno chart on the last few seconds of this link:

That's the kind of graph what I'd like to achieve - power increases over the whole rev range and torque is evenly distributed across it. But I'd be satisfied with less hp than that. ;)

you are right m8 but this will cost you much more money than the 500-600€ that a remap will cost you.

hi guys, here in my country i have been testing a 2008 bravo, and the car impress me when i tested in the dyno, it has 145hp at wheels an 174 ft-lb(is about 230 nm), we are going to put that engine in a 3 door gp to race in circuit, it sound crazy take of an engine for a bravo to put it in a grande punto, the reazon is, the bravo is to heavy to race here with honda, toyota, etc, but anyway, it has more power than i expected.

because i am new i can not post the grafics, i will do as soon as possible.

thanks

you are right m8 but this will cost you much more money than the 500-600€ that a remap will cost you.

I've already bought a Abarth turbo. Right now I'm waiting for an answer from GSR about shipping their induction kit over here. I'm also searching Ebay and forums for better front brakes and an Abarth exhaust system.

After I get all the parts, it'll cost me around 1500-1700€ with a remap and fitting.

I've already bought a Abarth turbo. Right now I'm waiting for an answer from GSR about shipping their induction kit over here. I'm also searching Ebay and forums for better front brakes and an Abarth exhaust system.

After I get all the parts, it'll cost me around 1500-1700€ with a remap and fitting.

Less than €2000 is well within my budget, especially if you consider the price of the stock car in Denmark, but are there any gearbox concerns on the stock car if you are fitting Abarth turbos?

Back