Technical T-jet 150 Electrical issues; central locking, starting, radio, dials

Currently reading:
Technical T-jet 150 Electrical issues; central locking, starting, radio, dials

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Lloyd1e

Please help. Ive run out of ideas.

My wife noticed her key didn't unlock the doors. So we unlocked manually on the weekend. The car had power but wouldn't start (but there was no padlock symbol on the dash?) I changed the battery in.the fob and still nothing. So I disconnected the battery and reconnected it after 30mins which seemed to work and it fired up as if.nothing happened.

I then went to the shops when half way there, the dials went to zero, fuel light flashing, radio died, but the car drove normally and the heater was working. When we stopped the same symptoms as before with no central locking, key not starting the car. I tried disconnecting the bat again but it didn't work this time. Just as I was giving up it burst into life as if nothing was wong??

Got home, seemed fine then in.the.morning same again, no central locking, no start ect...

Did the battery trick, didn't work then out of the blue the fob started unlocking the car and all was fine again.. for a bit anyway. Now stuck with the same issues.and cant get it going.

Ive tried: new car battery, cleaning terminals, new.battery in key fob, earth to gearbox (using a jump lead) checked fuses, disconnecting and reconnecting the battery

Im out of ideas. Im thinking the ecu might have gone bad, it was a wet weekend

Please can anyone give me a.steer as.to what is going on or how to fix. Kind regards Lloyd

Last edited:
I have not. Seems to be charging fine when its going, could that cause these issues? Ill get a volt meter on it and see what its doing.

Spoke to the fiat dealership, service dept. He said (I quote) 'sounds pricey' before even giving a suggestion to what it could be..

When it doesn't start, does it crank??????
engine off + key on =>>>Do you see the engine management light on the dash??????

Yes it cranks, but does not start like an immobilizer fault. Along with no central locking, even manually. Then randomly it will start as if nothing is wrong. Well it was, now not at all. I have a mobile key/ecu guy coming to have a look at it tomorrow. Hopefully wont be too expensive. ?

Do you own a diagnostic scanner.i bought a cheap 1 off eBay think it was about £12.
Surely that will bring up some codes and then go from there.you might even be able to erase some of the faults with the scanner

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back