General Stuart's Mk1 Panda

Currently reading:
General Stuart's Mk1 Panda

Good news!

You maybe should of kept that MOT date... Your going to have it ready in no time!

Jim

Not starting to it Jim until I get the 127 finished. And I need to sort Splutter to as soon as I get a chance.

I'm a lot happier now I know I'll have the parts to make a good job of the car when I do get stuck into it.

Just been reading over my thread and wondering were it all fell apart :eek:. Wee Gem is still lying in the garage in bits, That's 3 years :eek::eek:
I never got the bumpers and really really need a set now,
Juppy's living in America
no idea were Splutter went,
Jims got a lot on his hands at the moment
Steven (who started the thread) gave up and left a long time ago.
And Alan D left us a long time ago to. Actually I've been meaning to ring him for a chat.

On the plus side I have started to poke at Wee gem again and hope to make this the year he gets back on his wheels.

Last edited:
Rust thou the paintwork... Lots of it

There's a hole in the roof and then it' gets all american with rocker panels and fenders on the quote after that.

In english it seems to be the sills, the scuttle under the windscreen and then it's broken out behind the bumper. Getting it shot blasted and then some welded, some filled and a re spray.

On top of that theres rad hoses needing replaced and the CV joints have gone too.

I'll have a natter with you on Sunday morning (so don't get to drunk tonight) but those sills were made bomb proof and as for the other bits, well we'll chat. Lets just say I'm a bit miffed there's that much wrong.

Emailed you the PDF of the estimate I got.

Hope it makes sense as it's all in 'American' lol

Still not exactly sure where a 'Fender' is on a Panda

J

Yup, I read it, 3 times and the same thing kept going through my head. He came second in class at the Ballymena Fest in June 2010 (only beaten by an original cosseted low miles Fiat 131 Abarth worth over 30K) judged by Maquires and that was pretty much the last time He was let out until I sold him.
I genuinely can't work out were all the rust has came from.:confused:

Oh and a fender is a front wing.

Oh and back onto the original reason for this thread, my MK1. I got bumpers, new ones to. :slayer:

Trevor who lives 16 mins by satnav from me still had the ones I was to lift off him 3 years ago:eek:. The absolute gentleman that he is had kept them for me all this time and I lifted them today.
They were one major part of Wee gem that I was worried about and has given me a bit of a boost to get stuck back into his restoration. Thank you Sir.:worship:

Last edited:
Just a quick update in case anyone was thinking "hows Stuart getting on with the MK1" :D
Well I got it onto its side today as I'm starting the underneath. Amasingly on first check over I only found one hole about the size of a 10p, it looks very sound indeed.

My mate has just started doing powder coating so I'm planning on getting a lot of parts including the petrol tank and rear suspension done as it should give a factory look again.

Back