General Strange Rumble/Rattle

Currently reading:
General Strange Rumble/Rattle

graemebryson

Since fitting coilovers (the only thing i can think of which may have triggered it) I've been hearing a metallic rattle/rumble which sounds like its coming from behind my pedals/ spring area.

It starts top end of second gear, then its most prominent when dipping the clutch for third, then carries on into fourth when at low revs.

It's been getting much louder recently and I've got no idea what it is - can anyone thing of a potential source?

Cheers for any help, Graeme.

You need to work out whether its engine / transmission related or suspension / wheels related.

Does it do it when standing still & running up & down the gears with the clutch in? Or does it only do it when on the move? Can you replicate the noise with the clutch in or out? Ojust when you have the clutch pedal pressed?

As much info as possible is needed really.

Thanks for the reply mate, I really appreciate it.

I've uploaded a video of it for you to look/listen to, apologies for the sound you may have to turn your speakers right up.

I can hear it whilst moving and on the spot, and from I can hear its in tune with the engine. Difference being when i'm driving it seems to butterfly its way down. Getting pretty worried now haha!

could be something daft like the little metal bar that stops the undertray hitting the exhaust being accidently bent when you fitted the coilovers, which could be rattling against the exhaust?

Havent seen the video yet im at work (n)

hi there, had the same type of problem as your having, however after a bit of looking around on these forums i discovered that this was the issue,

ww.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/205942-noise-under-bonnet.html

it will be your air intake rattling off the metal bracket as the rubber bit holding it inplace will have perished. everything is explained in thread above (y)

hi there, had the same type of problem as your having, however after a bit of looking around on these forums i discovered that this was the issue,

ww.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/205942-noise-under-bonnet.html

it will be your air intake rattling off the metal bracket as the rubber bit holding it inplace will have perished. everything is explained in thread above (y)

Yeah go straight to post 14!

i had the same problem last week after removing the air box and not putting that rubber plug back in properly, gave it a jiggle and worked it in fully (pardon the phrase!) and the noise stopped!!

Back