Technical Stop Start

Currently reading:
Technical Stop Start

Eifion Williams

I have a 2015 Fiat 500 Pop.
Having problems with warning lights. stop start, engine management lights coming on. Engine then increasing in revs. Has also gone into limp mode with no accelerator function. Managed at this time to pull over and turn off engine. waited for about 5 minutes then re started engine. Accelerator returned. Left the car for about 4 hours then restarted, where upon all previous warning lights returned. So switched off engine again. 5 hours later i restarted engine and all warning light's had gone.

Can anyone help please ..

Hi welcome, so,
Does EVERYTHING on the boot lid work as expected, IE, handle to open boot work, lights, wiper, heated rear screen remote release?
How old is the battery? if original replace it, shop around for best price-its not cheap, give a good tug on the engine earth strap, goes from the body to the gearbox, this is a common failure even though it may look OK

Hello and thank you for your reply.
Yes, everything does work on the boot lid and back of the car. But the lead going from the body into the boot lid is a very tight fit.
The only thing that appears to be wrong is the radio has recently started playing up. It rarely holds a station and won't easily tune into anything.
Everything is standard on the car, no modifications at all except for fitting a boot light to the existing wiring.

Sorry, also forgot to mention that a new battery has been fitted. This was fitted as I was advised to due to this fault, but no difference. I have since been advised to fit a new Evap valve which seems an expensive item.

Thank you for your reply varesecrazy and your tip about the rain water.
What are the Duckbills, sorry not heard of these.
Please could you help.

Thanks.

Duckbills are rubber grommets that drain water from the scuttle panel under the wipers out onto the road. They get blocked and water sits in the scuttle panel. You can get your fingers up underneath either side of the airbox. If this water collects it can leak into the cabin and into the airbag ECU and fry it.

I also suspect that it may be your earth cable. Where you batter earth terminates on the nearside chassis leg, another canoe from there goes to the gearbox under the battery tray. This rot and fail. It is the main earth fir the car and can cause all sorts of problems.

See the video below fir the duckbills

https://youtu.be/qLAzzoDB0wQ

Last edited:
Back