Technical Stilo Oil Pressure Light On And Off Help!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Oil Pressure Light On And Off Help!!!

This is somthing that really annoys me with my 1.6 stilo, i check it every week and usually have to put a bit in??

Would anyone say this is excessive oil useage?

Does not blue or any other colour smoke, and ive still not sorted the lumpy idle, but im presuming this cant make the oil consumption worse.

I would say if im being very delicate 1l for 1000 miles, on usual 1l for every 700...

:mad:

Well, I went and bought some GTX 10w40, and it's humming along, no complaints. Unfortunately I've no idea what was used for the last change... I really hope I don't have to top it up every 1000miles (manual says consumption is 400ml/1000km; i.e. around 650ml/1000 miles).

manual says consumption is 400ml/1000km; i.e. around 650ml/1000 miles.

It does? That's quite much. 0,4l / 1000 km. I drive 10.000 km (pretty hard driving) and it uses about 1l. According to the manual it means the engine should drink a can of 4 litres per 10.000 km. Can't be right in my opinion. What manual is this?

M.

You should really top up with same oil as last change but any 5W-40 semi-synthetic should be safe for a 1.6

I used 20K 10w 40 in mine found it did well on it..selenia is the way to go..got to buy some tomorrow .. = empty pocket over the week end..:(

It does? That's quite much. 0,4l / 1000 km. I drive 10.000 km (pretty hard driving) and it uses about 1l. According to the manual it means the engine should drink a can of 4 litres per 10.000 km. Can't be right in my opinion. What manual is this?

M.

It's the Stilo original manual. It says that 0.4l / 1000 km is the maximum oil consumption and not the average or what not. However I agree with you that it should much less than that, since you can put 4.7 litres of oil in the engine, with the maximum consumption you would be running on empty after 12.000 km (divide by 1.6 to get the miles), and the maintanance program says you should change the oil every 20.000 km

What's this thing with Selenia.

You got the hots for the girl at the importers or something ;)

Its good oil and my dealer gives it to me at a price I cant refuse..but most importantly by god she is a hotty behind the spares counter..:devil:

Back