Technical Stilo in limp mode - injector rail error?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo in limp mode - injector rail error?

Hi Shadey,
The codes haven't been re-read since the garage, I haven't got a reader (adds to christmas list). The throttle housing has been cleaned and reset ECU.

The other fault was the throttle housing and cylinder 2 fault. The injector faults were cleared and did not return (at the time!).

Start with the simple stuff.

You say you've swapped the coil pack and confirmed its good so:

Have you checked/replaced the spark plug(cylinder 2)?

No spark at all registers a miss fire code but a faulty plug, cracked and soaked in petrol for example would short the spark making the ECU think it fired.

Car has been fully serviced, all plugs are new. (y)

In the video it showed the engine light on but it wasn't flashing (which would indicate a misfire), so it would seem a misfire is not the issue here? Though severe shaking of the engine would point to a misfire. Perhaps the knock sensor could be at fault? Though I'm not sure if that comes under any of the faults you've shown.

can you get the car to me? i suspect not in that running condition.
do you have a good set of tools?
if you do i will come over to yours monday afternoon and i will put on fes on and see what that comes up with, it may pinpoint the problem more accuratly than a generic code reader. hopefully that will nail it - but not until monday as im working till then.
also did you purchase new coil packs or second hand ones like you said on the text?, i wouldnt touch a second hand one as they can be a liabilty.
roy

Last edited:
Hi Roy,
I will forever appreciate it if you could link it up for me! My tools are basic. A lot of tools I did have were stolen a long time ago. I did get the second hand one and tried this in a different cylinder. It is working just fine, but even with no.2 left unplugged, runs the same. I suspect the engine light is staying on due to another fault, although I don't know what I could be as yet. Will investigate further at the weekend.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 36
Just seen from a previous thread that you have a 1.6 engine. On the 1.6, T9 is the fuel pump relay, not T10. I can't find anything for T10 on a 1.6. Probably why you don't have it.

Always a good idea to say which engine you have when asking for help. (y)

Last edited:
ok, can anyone else tell me if the stilos injectors are encoded to the ecu like they are on fords?
i suspect the new injector hasnt been encoded and the car will need t proxy realignment - am i correct here?

James- check your paper work and look for a security code, its either four or 5 digits and on normally a red card unless its been purchased later. I will need this to do the realignment.
alos let me know what time you finish work tomorrow (bere in mind i dont get home to gone 3am so i wont be over early plus i have loads to do in the morning.
roy

im not sure yet, im going to go down and take a look tomorrow, i think i may pinch my wifes coil packs as well so i can rule them straight out.
ive had it with another member here a while ago who had defective coil packs and swapping them around caused a dodgy pack to work for a short while, but also the one he swapped with went defective at the same time as swapping them around, im hoping this defect is the same.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of petrol Injectors on any Fiat models being encoded to the ECU. I can't see how they'd manage this :confused:

I know they're not on mk3 Pandas and believe similar setups are used across petrol Fiats.

Can't comment on DERVs as its not my territory.

Did you check the engine loom harness connector in the fuse box we spoke about James?

for all the other guys monitoring this thread.
I went and had a look about an hour ago, the car wouldnt start with security light flashing.
Anyways,
after a bit of a check we removed the ecu and it was rattling.
James opened it up and one of the chips was loose in there, there is obvious heat damage on the pcb - the chip was a surface mount in a group of four - guestimating this is the fuel injection and ignition for number 2 cylinder.
Sadly i couldnt get the car running as a new ecu is needed - if anyone can recomend a seller at a good price then im he would be very thankful, he has thrown money at the car and hopefully this will be the final thing - if not ive got dibs on your lether interiour lol.
roy

Back