Technical Stilo Abarth

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Abarth

Hi there I have a 53 plate manual abarth which is getting no spark to the engine. Does anybody have any idea what it could be or where do I start.

Sorry. The spark plugs have already been changed as the car has had a replacement engine fitted, my friend checked that there is no spark by taking out each plug and trying to turn engine over and there are no error messages. I will have to get the fault code but the message is throttle pedal position sensor.

It won't be HT leads as they don't have them, the coils sits directly on top of the spark plugs ...... You say you had a new engine fitted did it run after it was fitted or has it not ran at all prior to being fitted? If it didn't run, maybe there's a problem with the crank sensor? I remember once I did a head gasket on a punto and fitted the crank pulley on the wrong way round (180 degrees out) so the sensor never picked up the mark on the pulley at the right time and thus never started.

Also the car is turning over nice and strong but just not firing and it is comming up with all sort of errors on the dash display like esr faliure, airbag, engine mangement light is on and its saying loose connection.

Back