Technical stilo 1.6 active edb, abs, airbag failure

Currently reading:
Technical stilo 1.6 active edb, abs, airbag failure

Would be helpful to know which sensors he is talking about.

Well one thing is for certain. If your airbags deployed then the airbag module will have to either be replaced (as suggested by the manufacturers) or reset. If the sensor is faulty and you know your module is 100% then you will get a warning light. Thats when you need to hunt for it. Some members on here will probably have the diags you are looking for. It would be worthwhile waiting to see what the gurus come up with.

One thing is for certain. You will need to replace/reset the airbag module. That will eliminate one factor. Unfortunately with issues like this, you have to deal with the known problems, before you can start logically working your way through secondarys.

Last edited:
Please do mate. I hope it all works out ok. When you get it sorted, you may want to write it up as a tutorial.

Where did you send the module in the end?

Soulds like you have a very similar car to mine. I am repairing a 1.9JTD front damaged.

No power steering = failed Alternator, or Power steering motor.
Traction control light and ABS light will come on after battery is disconnected. Will go off after driving a short distance.
Airbag module must have crash codes removed. Also you will need new seatbelts if they are blocked.
Dont bother with the diagnostics just yet. Fix all the obvious faults and the lights should go off.

front airbag sensor has a yellow connector and sits just behind the bonnet catch, inside the engine bay

Check earth point (black rectangular box bolted to body just behind the battery/ fuse panel, near shock tower) mine was smashed and caused lots of electrical gremlins.

Last edited:
Back