Technical Steering pulling left

Currently reading:
Technical Steering pulling left

builditqq

Hi guys,

I bought a Doblo van from a bankruptcy auction so have zero history or warranty before anyone suggests taking it back.

The van has a very odd pull to the left. It's like it wants to centre itself just slightly off centre.
Took it to Kwik fit suspecting a dodgy tyre or tracking. They checked tyre pressures, wheel alignment, tracking and could find no issues. They said there was nothing obviously broken or worn when they had it on the ramp.
Took it to a local mechanic who said basically the same - no obvious issues or faults and *maybe* it was the electronic power steering alignment sensor (I could have misheard some bits of that) and would need to take it to fiat for them to check with their diagnostic computer. Or it could be the steering rack or a load of other potential things.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had an issue like this and what the problem turned out to be?

Hi guys,

I bought a Doblo van from a bankruptcy auction so have zero history or warranty before anyone suggests taking it back.

The van has a very odd pull to the left. It's like it wants to centre itself just slightly off centre.
Took it to Kwik fit suspecting a dodgy tyre or tracking. They checked tyre pressures, wheel alignment, tracking and could find no issues. They said there was nothing obviously broken or worn when they had it on the ramp.
Took it to a local mechanic who said basically the same - no obvious issues or faults and *maybe* it was the electronic power steering alignment sensor (I could have misheard some bits of that) and would need to take it to fiat for them to check with their diagnostic computer. Or it could be the steering rack or a load of other potential things.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have had an issue like this and what the problem turned out to be?
I am guessing you need someone locally with MES Fiat diagnostic program to run a calibration on the power steering, do a search on here, you are not the first.;)

Back