Technical Startup issues grande punto 1.2 active

Currently reading:
Technical Startup issues grande punto 1.2 active

howell80

Morning guys and gals.
Im new to the forum so please be nice!

Bought my second hand blue Grande punto about 3-4 weeks ago from previously having owned a 1.2 sxi corsa and im loving the new car to bits, but im having issues (only on the odd occasion) when trying to start the car in the morning. She will fire up after a second attempt but on the first try the temperature needle goes straight to the top so the light comes on then drops. She will then fire up and run fine. This is the second time this has happened and wonder what may be causing the issue. Other than this the car is a dream to drive and i love her to death.

Hope someone may be able to help.

David

Hi Andy , thanks for the quick responce.
She is an 06 plate. 1.2 grande punto active. 55K miles. She has a full 12 MOT from the garage i bought her from.

I get the problem with the temp needle shooting up then back down with a warning beep. Faulty sensor I believe. Starting problem is probably separate issue. Battery?

Hi Danny, well the fault usually happens on a cold start. if the car has been in the sun or in warmer weather it appears to start ok (so ive noticed) ive looked on this great forum and some poeple have mentioned that the battery connections maybe loose due to the cold weather? could that be the case i wonder? ill have a check at lunch time.

Back