Marea Starting a Marea project

Currently reading:
Marea Starting a Marea project

Drosenfeld

Hello! For about 2 months ago I bought a 2002 Marea Weekend (2.4 l - 20v engine) to put it back on the road. I live in Brazil and in this coutry the car was manufactures from 1998 up to 2008 and from the Weekend were produceda total of 14,700 units, 1,589 in 2002. I'm planning to use this car as a show car since we are the local distributor for European Oil and Additives and this car is renowed for its lubricant issues, starting from misleading owners manual up to wrong applications by the owners that end up into engine losses. I'm pretty excited about the challenge and the car in know in the body paint step. I'll probably place a lot of wide range questions here. Please do apologize me in advance!

Last edited:
Hello,

Actually the clima in Brazil is a steady tropical climate. If you don't live by the sea you will not hava major issues about corrosion. Timing belt will be replaced and checked every 20,000 and replaced at 50/60k... Acrual mileage is 101.256 km! Here the Marea's big issue was always the lubricant due to our pool quality fuel, and you have to consider that brazilian gasoline has 27% ethanol added to the fuel. I intend to use only a 5W40 fully sinthetic extra premium engine oil and plan to change every 5.000 to 8.000 km, depending on use.

Back