General Staffordshire and Peak District 4x4 Weekend - 24th and 25th September

Currently reading:
General Staffordshire and Peak District 4x4 Weekend - 24th and 25th September

First of all, apologies for my lack of posting over the last few days!

I have hopefully just sent everyone a PM with address and directions of our meeting point, most people probably know where to go, but those who didn't come last year make sure you don't rely on your sat nav, it will send you wrong! If I've missed anyone send me a pm and I will send a copy over to you.

Slight changes to the camping this year, as we have recently purchased the house next door we will be using the adjoining field, this also means if the weather is particularly rubbish we will be able to take shelter inside the currently empty house or outbuildings.
4WDPandamonium We will take things steady on the lanes and if there is anything you don't fancy we will sort out an alternative route, we have a few mk4 Pandas coming so I don't think you will be alone in not wanting to damage paintwork! Also no problem swapping wheels once you are here, although the green lanes we are doing do not need anything too serious!
andyholli No problem, thanks for letting me know. I'm sure Snatch will still outperform everyone else, even with three cylinders!
pandamonius_maximus AndyPanda4x4 Yes the Staffordshire based part of the order is still available, we will have to make a trip to the workshop to collect though, it is 5mins from the P&P so will be convenient sometime later on Sunday
panda panda 12pm latest on Saturday, no excuses for getting lost this time!

Thanks for the update Freddy, as your the man, what treads will you be wearing?!

Michael

Most likely wellies, but as I think you meant my car then it will be what whoever I hitch a lift with! To keep numbers down I have decided not to take mine. However I previously driven the route on a mismatch of road tyres without problem.

Most likely wellies, but as I think you meant my car then it will be what whoever I hitch a lift with! To keep numbers down I have decided not to take mine. However I previously driven the route on a mismatch of road tyres without problem.

Yes good point, will remember try and find some of them. Seems a shame you can't enjoy the day in your Panda also, would it not just mean another group?

Presume there would be no need for me to bring a jack down if I do bring a change of rubber?

Yes good point, will remember try and find some of them. Seems a shame you can't enjoy the day in your Panda also, would it not just mean another group?

Presume there would be no need for me to bring a jack down if I do bring a change of rubber?

I have a trolley jack so no problem using that. I'm quite happy not taking a car really, another group adds complication and it means I am able to spend more time with everyone, which is what it is all about for me!

hmm may have to take me off.. :/ it will be hit and miss if i can get or not :/

can you put me as a maybe?

Shame if you can't make it - do you still want me to bring your exhaust and leave it with Freddy or something, or shall I keep it for my next trip past your neck of the woods?

Oh, and for the record I run my car on the knobbly tyres all the time - it seemed to make very little difference to the performance or handling which should probably be a cause for concern. It looks badass too.

Shame if you can't make it - do you still want me to bring your exhaust and leave it with Freddy or something, or shall I keep it for my next trip past your neck of the woods?

Oh, and for the record I run my car on the knobbly tyres all the time - it seemed to make very little difference to the performance or handling which should probably be a cause for concern. It looks badass too.

As long as you can fit any parts that require short term storage in the Renault 5 parts shed then I'm happy to keep them for a while.

fallout has no sump guard at the moment.. i managed to really smack it one causing most of the welds on it to burst. (i dont mess around)

hmm i also have no brake down cover too.. i am actually heading to stafford tomorrow to pick up an injector pump for my BX..

ill have a look tomorrow and see if i can liberate the one from Talon and sellotape it to fallout.. should be good enough.

And it makes you feel like you have power steering!

fallout has no sump guard at the moment.. i managed to really smack it one causing most of the welds on it to burst. (i dont mess around)

hmm i also have no brake down cover too.. i am actually heading to stafford tomorrow to pick up an injector pump for my BX..

ill have a look tomorrow and see if i can liberate the one from Talon and sellotape it to fallout.. should be good enough.

Got a spare dented sumpguard in you favorite yellow down here of which i can bring up and you use/have?

thanks, but i just need to swap my ones over.. the sump is still bolted to fallout.. if i unbolt it it will just fall to bits (yes its that bad)

put it this way, it hits the bottom of the bell housing... and the road.. at the same time. the hit was enough to make the car leap in the air.

just went out and had a look under it and i have also lost my rear axle breather pipe too! hmm wonder what the oil is like :/

Back