Technical Spinning top mounts

Currently reading:
Technical Spinning top mounts

Well, wanted to get my front struts off to do some slight modifications so I could sit lower at the front, but was stumped at the first hurdle. One of the top mounts just won't loosen. It is just spinning. Have tried many different techniques but all with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Or anyone have any bright ideas on how i could loosen it?

Thanks

Re: Re: Spinning top mounts

Well, wanted to get my front struts off to do some slight modifications so I could sit lower at the front, but was stumped at the first hurdle. One of the top mounts just won't loosen. It is just spinning. Have tried many different techniques but all with no luck.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Or anyone have any bright ideas on how i could loosen it?

Thanks

Du u mean u wanna get ur front shocks off n its jus spinnin at top.

If so jus ad same problem 2day u need some mouldgrips, jack car up, lift dust cover up so u can see the nice shine bar that runs through the centre of shock, clamp mould ss tight as poss. Get some1 to hold the whilst u undo the top nut. Worked a treat for me 2day.

U will have to tighten up the same way otherwise u wnt get it tight enough

Hope helps :)

Du u mean u wanna get ur front shocks off n its jus spinnin at top.

If so jus ad same problem 2day u need some mouldgrips, jack car up, lift dust cover up so u can see the nice shine bar that runs through the centre of shock, clamp mould ss tight as poss. Get some1 to hold the whilst u undo the top nut. Worked a treat for me 2day.

U will have to tighten up the same way otherwise u wnt get it tight enough

Hope helps :)

Yeah the nuts just spinning. Do you mean grip the threads? Or grip something else?

No use a rachet on to undo the nut. U have to grip the centre of the shock behind the wheel. If u lift the rubber dust cover up thats in the middle of spring. u will see the center bar of the shock. A smooth silver bar grip that as hard as u can

Back