Technical speedo/rev counter issues

Currently reading:
Technical speedo/rev counter issues

Just bought a v plate 1.3 abarth with with a speedo problem .
the fault appears to be with the clocks as i have two sets . on one set with the ignition on some of the lights come on and the rev counter moves up to the zero point . on the other set more lights come on with the ignition and the speedo moves up to zero .
Now on both sets the green indicator warning light wont light up. the lights on warning bulb (if there is one ) doesnt work .
The important thing is on both sets i have no speed reading and no rev counter . i have also just fitted a replacement 6 speed box with a speed sensor fitted so seeing as the car had this problem with the old box i am presuming the speed sensor cant be the fault unless i managed to get two buggered sensors :idea:
Any ideas where to start ?:D

Right bit more info , i have found that the fusebox in the dash has a different part number on it than the multiplex unit thats attached to the back of it , could this be the fault and if so where can i source one with the same part number ?

The fusebox and Body Computer don't come as a 'pair'- they're individual parts, so they will have different part numbers.

Ummm.......? 1.3? 1999 abarth? This is mk1? Fiat didn't make an official punto abarth in 1999 nor as a mk1 nor ever with a 1.3 engine is this a sporting with a body kit? Half the problem hear could be wrong parts because of not having the right car information

ABS wasn't standard on puntos till 2003/4 when the mk2b came out so unless yours is a fancy model it's unlikely to have abs
Are you serious ?? its a 16 valve 1.2 abarth or whatever they are called ... and it might not have ABS ??? .
ok so where is the ABS pump supposed to be or how else do i tell ?
s and b .. i have seen your thread so i see where your going with this ... the bsi unit bolts onto the fuse box in the dash ? this is the part i'm talking about as well . the fuse box has a sticker on it with part number 51735172
the bsi is 51735171 . BUT has A1 written by hand in yellow marker so i am thinking its a breakers part .

Please confirm which car you actually have !!!

just saying its a 16v 1.2 doesn't mean anything when it comes to equipment (its not an abarth) that is just the engine fitted to the car. is it a mk1 or a mk2 ? what model spec is it? any badges on the boot lid like HLX ELX, Sporting?

we really can't help you without the information, if it does have ABS the Pump is in the engine bay immediately behind the battery with lots of pipes coming out of it.

Thought there was only one abarth, didnt realise it was just the engine thought the abarth meant it came with all the side skirts and boy racer bull**** as standard .. its a 2000 on a v plate 1.2 i6 valve sporting is about all i can say for now , no log book as of yet and too dark to see anything else
*edit* nope it has no ABS

Last edited:
Back