Backside1.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Smokey's Broom Yellow 1.2 16v Active Sport

Introduction

So here it is, when I got it it went into the garage then the weather has been bad all week and I wanted to clean it before taking pics but couldn't wait.

All I have done to it so far is put my headunt and install in.
The mats were there when I got it.

The only issues with it at the minute are it has the wrong bumper on, it had a front end bump, hence the GENUINE low 15k miles, and the bloke who fixed it up couldn't source an active sport one. Neither can I so if anbody knows where I can get one with all the black trim and the fog lights, any colour, I would be grateful (y)

Also it needs a new drivers side headlamp as this one is foggy and the spoiler needs spraying as its a lighter shade.

Other than that its an excellent car, a great upgrade from my old 1.2 8v and a steal at under £2300. (also costs exactly the same to insure)

So here she is I have called her LILLY.

Front47.JPG

Front_Angle.JPG

Side_Profile2.JPG

Rear_Angle.JPG

Backside1.JPG

Interior19.JPG

Clocks1.JPG

HU.JPG

Install4.JPG
Well this week I went on a camping trip............car had some highs and lows.

We went on our annual trip to Shell Island, in Barmouth and to get there there is a mountain called Dinas Mawdwy (i think thats how its spelled), the car absolutely flew up it, what a difference 8 extra valves make.

And as far as twisty Welsh roads go, the car handles like a dream, plently of overtaking oppertunities with people towing caravans and with an average consumption of 52mpg who can complain.

However a brick chip (not a stone chip, this thing was huge like a rock, we saw it coming) hit the bottom of the windscreen and it split top to bottom, being fixed tomoz. And the battery died due to playing Metallica and BFMV all evening without starting the car :bang: was drunk and forgot.

Other than that it performed really well, first long journey in the thing at I think there may be many more (y)

Great news. Glad you found it good! I want an extra 8 valves. Might come and take yours through the night like a ninja. lol
However. If you were playing BFMV's latest album I will go straight off you, your car doesn't need that cheese. lol

Great news. Glad you found it good! I want an extra 8 valves. Might come and take yours through the night like a ninja. lol
However. If you were playing BFMV's latest album I will go straight off you, your car doesn't need that cheese. lol
Well the car is guarded at night by pirates so good luck with the theft :p

And as far as the BFMV album goes there was no cheese......Scream Aim and Fire :slayer:

Haha. You got any plans for her soon?
And Scream Aim Fire is ultimate cheddar. The poisons where it's at

Scream Aim Fire is awsome, I think the locals liked it too...........not!

Plans atm are to get her fixed up and cleaned, then I am saving for either 40mm coilovers or to get the alloys done in anthracite with a yellow lip and center caps. Money is tight atm though with holidays and all so progress will be slow.

wondered where you gone... PS comp gone down the pan without you lol

glad to hear it performed well, the 1.2 16v engine is a corker IME

Yeah love all the little fiat engines they all perfom well against their similar sized hatchback counterparts.

As for the PS comp, PM me an image and we will get that little beaut up and running again.

EDIT: Ignore that last bit just saw the new comp, will get the link to the new one in my sig. Cheers for keeping it alive (y)

Last edited:
:slayer::slayer::slayer:

More Chimaira needed.

Hope you had a good time mate; you got any time in the next couple of weeks you could look at my automobile? (y)
Currently working two days a week and no uni as its finished, not the best situation money wise but means I have bucket loads of spare time, you sorted that amp remote out yet?

Nah but after reading a lot of threads on here I think I have a solution!
Surely you can just link it to the cigarette lighter or the electric window switch?

Basically all it needs is a 12v feed that comes on with the ignition, so either of the above would work surely.

Anyway, all thats for a different thread.

As for the car its been another good/bad day. New windscreen is in and cost nothing near the £450 autoglass were trying to rob me off :)
However I need a touch up pen, came back to the car today to find a nice big black mark on the rear bumper :( will get a pic up tomoz.

Ok two weeks later and finally had the weather for a quick wash and wax, the car is yellow again instead of the mustard colour all the crap had turned it :p

P060809_15.40.JPG

Doesn't look too bad, still chuffed to bits with how it drives.

And here is a picture of that scuff, its in such an awkward place right on the edge of the bumper, might get a body shop to do it as touch ups never look as good, just gotta get some funds together first......

scrat.JPG

.....talking of bumpers, still ain't found a front one :(

Imola yellow or Broom yellow, that is the question ;)

Ok here we go, I have finally looked at the paint code and managed to find exatly what i was looking for......

COLOUR: Giallo Ginestra HWB
CODE: 258
W/E THE ONE UNDERNEATH MEANS: Deltron - Lacrit

Forgive me if I am infact wrong but Fiat paint code 258 is Broom Yellow:confused:;):D

The only reason i looked it up is because I may finally have a bumper...........watch this space(y)

Thanks to Mikey2k7 off puntoMK2 and sdb-punto this happened (y)

P140809_20.48.JPG

Now after my holiday money is all saved up its just a matter of getting it sprayed Broom Yellow to match the rest of the car and we are finally back to standard:slayer:

(then I can really start playing with it:eek:)

Back