Backside1.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) Smokey's Broom Yellow 1.2 16v Active Sport

Introduction

So here it is, when I got it it went into the garage then the weather has been bad all week and I wanted to clean it before taking pics but couldn't wait.

All I have done to it so far is put my headunt and install in.
The mats were there when I got it.

The only issues with it at the minute are it has the wrong bumper on, it had a front end bump, hence the GENUINE low 15k miles, and the bloke who fixed it up couldn't source an active sport one. Neither can I so if anbody knows where I can get one with all the black trim and the fog lights, any colour, I would be grateful (y)

Also it needs a new drivers side headlamp as this one is foggy and the spoiler needs spraying as its a lighter shade.

Other than that its an excellent car, a great upgrade from my old 1.2 8v and a steal at under £2300. (also costs exactly the same to insure)

So here she is I have called her LILLY.

Front47.JPG

Front_Angle.JPG

Side_Profile2.JPG

Rear_Angle.JPG

Backside1.JPG

Interior19.JPG

Clocks1.JPG

HU.JPG

Install4.JPG
i wounder if i can break mums car of the bits and put it back together put the bits on mine and go back to sleep in what 5 hours? and ill magically gain 15 hp and mum will losse 15 :)

well...she didnt notice when i snapped the exhaust off at the flexible joint...the bloody thing sounded like a tank!

Could get those really sticky pads and attach it to the back of the seats. Just looks really odd that it's wham bam in the middle where you could have boot space (y)

Like I said I have a aluminium cover for it that allows air to circulate and also means you can put loads of weight on it without actually touching the amp or wires. Only ever use my boot really when we go camping and it does for that (y)

saves costs.

they have the same rev limit, and neither of them can do 120mph so it makes sense

Yeah but the 16v can get that little bit closer;)

its basically the same engine the 16v and 8 v only the fuel economy is better on one and torque in differant places...i still cant get my head round how the 1.2 engine how they can get 75hp from the 60hp engine...lol

You ain't wrong about the fuel economy. Driving it like a punto should be driven gives you about 45mpg still, and economy fiendly driving gets you around 57mpg, that might have something to do with the engine only having 15k though.

i have the same head unit as you :D, nice car as well mate

I love this headunit, a steal at £75 does everything I need and the EQ and x-over settings are very detailed.

shes a woman, she will notice nothing

Are you crazy, women (especially mothers) notice everything:p

Are you crazy, women (especially mothers) notice everything:p[/QUOTE]

as i said she didnt notice when i snapped the exhaust off at the flexi joint on her car!

not with a mutant set up we wont... lol...

car looks nice mate, i have that same HU aswell. quite a good kenwood HU imo.

what other plans have you got for the car?
You havn't heard it, please don't judge it until you have. Mutant aren't as bad as people make out. Wish you would come to a meet and we could settle this whole mutant argument for good. Yes they aren't the most expensive and best quality but they are excellent value for money. They don't burn out and blow. I have had this sub for a couple of years now and it moves some serious air around. And although its not the LOUDEST its ideal for a small hatchback like the punto.

And as for the plans I want to:
lower it (dunno how or by how much yet).
Put an active sport bumper back on.
Spray the spoiler as its too light.
Refurb the alloys in antracite with a yellow lip.
Gonna get some official fiat sunshades.
Put some sporting/abarth skirts on.

See where we go from there.
Maybe GSR induction and remap, I prefer styling over performance tbh.

good luck there like rocking horse ****
:yeahthat:

But I happen to live a few miles from a Fiat Breaker who is keeping an eye out for me.

Might also be talking to a body shop soon to see what they can come up with custom-wise whilst still still keeping the origional punto look.

Just the lack of funds atm thats stopping me really :bang:

What's the difference between the active and one you have on now? It looks fine
The active is the one I have now, It should be the active SPORT bumper:

Active (current)
Front47.JPG

Active SPORT (needed)

the differences are a smaller center grille, larger side grill with foglights, lower lip on the bottom and No black insert above the number plate. Looks completely different imho.

Plus if I am getting some skirts the rear bumper and skirts will be at a lower level thant the front bumper, it just doesn't go at all.

Last edited:
You havn't heard it, please don't judge it until you have. Mutant aren't as bad as people make out. Wish you would come to a meet and we could settle this whole mutant argument for good. Yes they aren't the most expensive and best quality but they are excellent value for money. They don't burn out and blow. I have had this sub for a couple of years now and it moves some serious air around. And although its not the LOUDEST its ideal for a small hatchback like the punto.

And as for the plans I want to:
lower it (dunno how or by how much yet).
Put an active sport bumper back on.
Spray the spoiler as its too light.
Refurb the alloys in antracite with a yellow lip.
Gonna get some official fiat sunshades.
Put some sporting/abarth skirts on.

See where we go from there.
Maybe GSR induction and remap, I prefer styling over performance tbh.

well i have heard mutant before, and imo i just dont like it, im not having a go at you, just trying to say i dont think mutant is very good. JBL is a budget brand and sounds alot better/clearer that mutant. but each to their own i guess.

sounds good mate, will be keeping an eye on this progress :D. i think lowering it by 40 is a nice sublte height.
where could i get a gsr induction kit from? i'm wanting 1 for my 1.2 8v.

Carl.

Well this week I went on a camping trip............car had some highs and lows.

We went on our annual trip to Shell Island, in Barmouth and to get there there is a mountain called Dinas Mawdwy (i think thats how its spelled), the car absolutely flew up it, what a difference 8 extra valves make.

And as far as twisty Welsh roads go, the car handles like a dream, plently of overtaking oppertunities with people towing caravans and with an average consumption of 52mpg who can complain.

However a brick chip (not a stone chip, this thing was huge like a rock, we saw it coming) hit the bottom of the windscreen and it split top to bottom, being fixed tomoz. And the battery died due to playing Metallica and BFMV all evening without starting the car :bang: was drunk and forgot.

Other than that it performed really well, first long journey in the thing at I think there may be many more (y)

Back