General Skydome Front Hinges

Currently reading:
General Skydome Front Hinges

Muckleflugga

Lighthouse Repairman
Hi, The front hinges on the sunroof (skydome) have both come loose, looks as if there is a piece of metal on the glass. I assume this was attached to the hinge by some means. I have trawled the net looking for info, but appears to be very little. Any idea how it should be fixed? had a quote from a breaker yard of £144 for the glass.

Any information be much obliged,

I think that Webasto manfucture the skydome so they might have the parts, although i've heard of them trying to flog people the entire skydome mechanism

I'm not quite sure what part you are referring to. If you have a photo of what you are seeing then i can take a photo of my skydome while its open and then you might be able to compare them.

I do have a 5 door punto though and most people with skydomes seem to have the 3 door. I can only assume the sunroof is still identical across both the 3 door and 5 door versions though

I think that Webasto manfucture the skydome so they might have the parts, although i've heard of them trying to flog people the entire skydome mechanism

I'm not quite sure what part you are referring to. If you have a photo of what you are seeing then i can take a photo of my skydome while its open and then you might be able to compare them.

I do have a 5 door punto though and most people with skydomes seem to have the 3 door. I can only assume the sunroof is still identical across both the 3 door and 5 door versions though

Beneath the wee front bit that tilts up, there are 2 hinges, I'm too scared to try open it as may not get it closed again. These 2 hinges completely detached. there is a hinge on the body of the car and a metal piece fixed to the glass. I'm not sure how these 2 parts should be attached. Tempted to try some epoxy glue, not sure if any flexible piece in between, rubber etc?

a photo would be great, and thanks for the information regarding the manufacturer, may hunt tomorrow and see if that comes up with anything

Back