Sky Broadband/tv/phone package

Currently reading:
Sky Broadband/tv/phone package

I cant understand how my internet downloading speed more than tripled by moving to sky...its the same phoneline:confused: I heard BT limit the speed (others have complained aswell) wonder if this is why?

Yep that's why mate and even when your with BT you would have thought they would un-restrict the line so that your getting a good service but they don't all they are doing is making themselves look even more bad

As for phone line connections ill never get another internet connection through a phone line only because the line speed fluctuates, where as Virgins is fiber optic so there is no fluctuation its a constant speed

Also to back that up its been on the news about all there new cables being laid underground and how successful they are

Last edited:
unimatrix1 i think ul love virgin broadband if ur going for the 20meg package ul get an upgrade to 50meg when they roll it out.

t14086 - uv got me there with trippling ur speed mate!!! ask stu-demon -he might be able to shed some light if your really bogging over it.

Joker

ok mate ,stu's a real dude on this type of thing but as long as your happy mate -thats the important thing.

Joker

Sorry what did he say could be the prob with your speeds t14086??

Joker

unimatrix1 i think ul love virgin broadband if ur going for the 20meg package ul get an upgrade to 50meg when they roll it out.

t14086 - uv got me there with trippling ur speed mate!!! ask stu-demon -he might be able to shed some light if your really bogging over it.

Joker

at the moment im going witht he 10mb package and the Large phone package where i get evening and weekend calls free all in all works out about £30 a month, as you stated if on 20mb you get upgraded to 50mb? is this for free or do you have to pay for the 50mb lol

O by the way i can already get 50mb package in my area but i just havent got £41 a month just for the BB alone :( in the near future i might upgrade when the prices have fallen

Last edited:
£41 a month!! -bogus- as far as i know ud get it upgraded free, a friend had 8meg and got it uprated in his area to 20meg.

Joker

it was deff for free -kos he made such a song n dance about it , and i deff remember the word 'free' being used as its my favourite price for things :)

Joker

shouldnt see why not mate ,he just got a letter one day telling him he's getting it. just hang fire and wait for a bit, as they'l all tweek up their speeds over the next few years until their all around the 100meg mark!

Joker

shouldnt see why not mate ,he just got a letter one day telling him he's getting it. just hang fire and wait for a bit, as they'l all tweek up their speeds over the next few years until their all around the 100meg mark!

Joker

Well on a news thread somewhere i was browsing apparently BT are putting new cables down and there competing against Virgin to see if they will get 250mb before them which i doubt they could i think the internet speeds will always be going up and up until we all have like 1TB/2TB speeds. Where there's competition there is always a market.

Well on a news thread somewhere i was browsing apparently BT are putting new cables down and there competing against Virgin to see if they will get 250mb before them which i doubt they could i think the internet speeds will always be going up and up until we all have like 1TB/2TB speeds. Where there's competition there is always a market.

BOGUS , the main question there is will our pc's be able to keep up with the net/speeds:eek:

Joker

I'm with Sky and BT, Sky is alot quicker! And they always give you decent quality routers which tend to be netgear :)

If there wasn't a limit i'd go for it, go for the higher package to get more out of it. With BT i can download as much as i want and we don't get told off. So up to you. Sky is fast tho :)

im just mainly after a fast connection due to the fact i play alot of online fps games and i cannot stand lag when im playing because when i get shot while lagging it makes the opponent think there doing good when really there not its all down to my lag! :bang:

Past few days though i have been on cod4 and had a ping of 45-52 which is really good

depends where you are and how far the exchange is! Get Sky for speed.

Im getting Virgin so it shouldnt matter where the exchange is where as when i was running through the phone line it did matter :(

Virgin exchange is not even a mile away from my house so cant wait untill its fitted next Wednesday

i got the sky m8 was fed up with the speed getting cut at 4 pm till 12 am and moved back to virgin wont say there the cheapest but there better than a lot and dont get the agro off the family like i did with sky :slayer:

Back