Sky Broadband/tv/phone package

Currently reading:
Sky Broadband/tv/phone package

We've got Sky tv and we were thinking of switching to their broadband and phone as we would pay nothing extra.
The thing is, there's a catch, they have a 2GB monthly download limit.
Is this a really small download limit? I'm not sure.
I have 4 kids that spend a lot of time on youtube and stuff like that. Would they use up 2GB pretty quickly?

Thanks for any advice.

I haven't been with sky for a long time, mainly cos they wouldn't bill me for my skytalk phone, everytime I paid, they credited my TV account and refused to take anymore money, this went on for about a year, keep trying to pay the correct ammount, keep getting it back in credit....Then they took about £800 all in one go and I had to claw it back from the bank...enough hassle for me never to go back to them.

As for download limits, I always go over. I don't think that would last long, if as you say you are a frequent youtube user.

I personally am with Tiscalli. I get unlimited broadband, (comes with wireless router), Basic pack on TV (but basic isn't really that basic, includes sky1 ect) plus £6 package of all kids channels (which includes all Disney channels) Also get a kiddymote free (which controlls all the on demand kid channels and is really safe for lil ones if you have any about)
And I get phone, which is free landline (1 hour hang up) and free international and internation mobile (also to the hour)
And I no longer pay BT for my line connection (so already a saving of about £13)

All for....wait for it lol...... About £30 per month!!!! I would never swap and it still leaves me gobsmacked that I can have 3 computers, 1 laptop, the Tv on and talk on the phone....all through one lil telephone line, so no hassle about dishes stopping working when a rain cloud goes over.

EDIT: Just checked my bill for last month...it was £28.11 :)

Last edited:
We've just got Sky broadband/talk -unlimited broadband 24/7 , thet.ve got no 'fair use policy' on the max broadband package - 15quid per month , with Skytalk thrown in for just a fiver on top,free calls up to an hour then redail.
Personally i think there great-500,000,000 MORE TIMES RELIABLE THAN VIRGIN

Joker

2GB is baaad, I would avoid it. I hit over 100GB a day sometimes :eek:, depending on my overnight FTPing

:eek: I don't think we're downloading that much but I think I'll give it a miss

I haven't been with sky for a long time, mainly cos they wouldn't bill me for my skytalk phone, everytime I paid, they credited my TV account and refused to take anymore money, this went on for about a year, keep trying to pay the correct ammount, keep getting it back in credit....Then they took about £800 all in one go and I had to claw it back from the bank...enough hassle for me never to go back to them.

As for download limits, I always go over. I don't think that would last long, if as you say you are a frequent youtube user.

I'm being put off the idea more and more

We've just got Sky broadband/talk -unlimited broadband 24/7 , thet.ve got no 'fair use policy' on the max broadband package - 15quid per month , with Skytalk thrown in for just a fiver on top,free calls up to an hour then redail.
Personally i think there great-500,000,000 MORE TIMES RELIABLE THAN VIRGIN

Joker

so if I pay the extra I can get unlimited downloads...but with the TV package on top, it could start getting expensive again.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I'm now tempted by the O2 deal...if you have your mobile phone with them they give you unlimited broadband for £7.34 a month.

same here & well worth it, works out fiver for broadband which is much faster than BT(n) Beware BT will try & shaft you for leaving them, wanted over£150 from me but now down to £70 which still not happy with so its going to small claims court. Whoever you choose it will be 100 times better than BT:tosser:

same here & well worth it, works out fiver for broadband which is much faster than BT(n) Beware BT will try & shaft you for leaving them, wanted over£150 from me but now down to £70 which still not happy with so its going to small claims court. Whoever you choose it will be 100 times better than BT:tosser:

Thanks mate iv been keeping an eye on the bills anyway-bt's no angel

Joker

OUCH!!! some of them are nasty , i called bt when we went back to sky and explained the situation-just needing the line for sky and they were great about it strangely enough , u got me wondering now dude!

Joker

Bt record every phone call, however its strange that the ones where they blatantly cut you off or has information that proves you are right & they are wrong they cant seem to find, how f*cking convient.

One further point is that if you are giving wrong information over the phone by one of their advisors its your fault:confused:

cut off!! , loss of information , wrong information!!!
Surley u cant be serious , would'nt that be libel?
oops sorry my mistake , its only libel if its not true.

Joker

as I said they are unregulated so dont have to answer (excuse hte pun) to anyone, boput time they were regulated & got their arses fimly kicked. Dont they even realise customers are leaving them in droves due to their poor service & high prices:rolleyes:

AVOID SKY GET VIRGIN MEDIA!

They currently have a deal on now if you get there broadband and a phone line you get the installation free where normally your paying £30 and the speed is spot on say for 10mb you get 9.5mb where as my ISP before i was getting 4mb and paying for a 24mb connection :eek:

Sky is good deal if you have the TV/phone package though...my area isn't fast for the internet so the package suits me fine. I payed no install fee from Sky as good customer:)

However to be fair I have heard good things about Virgin....just avoid BT!!

im not knocking Virgin fullstop its just that had it for 5months and never a day went by without the tv side having a prob,4 new v+ boxes , 9 different engineers, having it ALL REINSTALLED twice , but i have to say the phone- all ok , and the broadband was second to none , quoted 20meg and normally got well over 24/27 meg depending on the time of day (y)

Joker

Sky is good deal if you have the TV/phone package though...my area isn't fast for the internet so the package suits me fine. I payed no install fee from Sky as good customer:)

However to be fair I have heard good things about Virgin....just avoid BT!!

yeah thats true avoid BT there a rip off and u dont get the correct service anyway!

im not knocking Virgin fullstop its just that had it for 5months and never a day went by without the tv side having a prob,4 new v+ boxes , 9 different engineers, having it ALL REINSTALLED twice , but i have to say the phone- all ok , and the broadband was second to none , quoted 20meg and normally got well over 24/27 meg depending on the time of day (y)

Joker

im not after a TV package so i should be all ok with the phone package and the Broadband package

P.s im getting it all fitted on the 20th of this month so cant wait as my current ISP cuts off all the time and i cannot even download 1 song because they say to me that ive gone over my download limits... its just so stupid they cut me off last month because apparently i downloaded over my limit yet all i did was play online games which is streaming data to and from my machine but it doesnt use 35+gb per month, they said to me check my machine for viruses ad-aware etc and as soon as they said that i put the phone down because they was then trying to say the problem lies at my end.. and the convo would have been going nowhere

Last edited:
Back