Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

Currently reading:
Sixth Form Parking Issues :(

Kind of late to this thread admittedly but I'm the same here at work - there are 25 designated parking spaces for a building of 7 floors! The waiting list for a designated space is longer than ... something really long! As an adult with better things to worry about I park my pride and joy on a dodgy street 10 minutes away because I have no other choice. Sorry Dan but grow up, a car can be fixed but a reputation for being a trouble maker is harder to shake off.

So if you were our age and had £10000's worth of car you would go with the flow and park on the grass allowing your wing mirrors to be ripped off? I doubt it

if i had £10,000's worth of car i wouldnt even be going to college because i am well off or my parents are and would rather join the thriving family business

Right, here goes, grumpy old man time:- When I was at Secondary/Comprehensive,even some of the teachers couldn't afford cars. One used to cycle, another walked. My own form teacher Brian Devereaux bought a new Vauxhall Viva, the most basic version, and then bought certain items such as a stick on heated rear window, stick on rubbing strip and a push button MW/LW radio.

So my response to your moan is: walk or cycle. No wonder teenage obesity and diabetes are on the rise.

Your friend's mirror was presumably broken by other pupils, in which case go and moan at them, alternatively, if there isn't anywhere to park or take the bus.

Do you want us to do your bloody homework for you as well.?

Am I the only one here who is confused as to how the teacher's car park is safer than the field one? They're both right next to or on the field, and the kids still have access to the cars? Or is there a fence between the teacher's car park and the field?

Why should he have to park his car on a field where it will get damaged, with no repercussions for who damages it. Any signs up saying "parked at own risk" etc...? If not, go with pictures of the damage and ask for compensation since it was damaged by a pupil they should have been controlling.

We parked in the teachers car park until they decided to build an overflow car park which was closer to the school. The teachers then all began to park in the overflow car park as it's less distance to walk, leaving the students with no place to park as if they parked in the designated teachers car park they got clamped by the caretakers.

School didn't give a ****, they don't do anything, and sadly you'll soon learn that nothing you can do will change what happens already. Try and park at the back of the student car park away from where it'll get damaged.

Why should he have to park his car on a field where it will get damaged, with no repercussions for who damages it. Any signs up saying "parked at own risk" etc...? If not, go with pictures of the damage and ask for compensation since it was damaged by a pupil they should have been controlling.

We parked in the teachers car park until they decided to build an overflow car park which was closer to the school. The teachers then all began to park in the overflow car park as it's less distance to walk, leaving the students with no place to park as if they parked in the designated teachers car park they got clamped by the caretakers.

School didn't give a ****, they don't do anything, and sadly you'll soon learn that nothing you can do will change what happens already. Try and park at the back of the student car park away from where it'll get damaged.

he doesnt,he chooses to bring it into the school grounds
damage is covered by the same laws as everyone else in the UK :confused:

if i had £10,000's worth of car i wouldnt even be going to college because i am well off or my parents are and would rather join the thriving family business
I am sorry, but that is not always the case! Do not assume that because you have a rich parent(s), they will give it all to their child(ren) and will do all they can to help you succeed in the family business - and I am speaking from experience (n)

I am sorry, but that is not always the case! Do not assume that because you have a rich parent(s), they will give it all to their child(ren) and will do all they can to help you succeed in the family business - and I am speaking from experience (n)

Agree completely (y)

Nothing worse than working for parents.

If the school was responsible for any damage people would abuse the system and take the pi**. Think about it, your car gets keyed outside your gaff on a Saturday night, you tell the school it happened on their carpark on Monday and get the repair done at the schools expense. The amount of cars "damaged" on the school carpark would increase tenfold overnight.

It aint gonna happen Sonny ;)

Kind of late to this thread admittedly but I'm the same here at work - there are 25 designated parking spaces for a building of 7 floors! The waiting list for a designated space is longer than ... something really long! As an adult with better things to worry about I park my pride and joy on a dodgy street 10 minutes away because I have no other choice. Sorry Dan but grow up, a car can be fixed but a reputation for being a trouble maker is harder to shake off.
Why is it a case of being told to grow up simply because we are not wanting out cars to be damaged and the impracticality that goes with that? :confused:.

Now that is a ridiculas thing to proclaim :'). How do you not know this person may have sudenly come into a large amount of money? (y)

Am I the only one here who is confused as to how the teacher's car park is safer than the field one? They're both right next to or on the field, and the kids still have access to the cars? Or is there a fence between the teacher's car park and the field?
Because the field is inhabited with kids at lunch and break. No one is allowed in the car park at any time during these times.

Spot on (y)

It's not the case of "The new parking space is dangerous" (which it is) that I'm bothered about! It's the fact that the parking space where we originally parked was available to anyone on the school grounds, no signs showed this however at the other end of the school there is a clear sign saying "teacher and visitor parking only" but that is for a different car park completely unrelated. And now they are threatening students who choose to park in these spaces because suddenly they are over whelmed by the amount of students driving.

What would you do if the school turned round and said.......... "No students are allowed to park vehicles on the site" ?

Back