Technical Shaking problem when in gear

Currently reading:
Technical Shaking problem when in gear

Smart038

Hello everyone, I have a 1.6 stilo.While driving the car, especially in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears, when I take my foot off the gas without pressing the clutch, it makes a serious jolt, as if I'm constantly pressing the brakes and pulling. It doesn't do this all the time. When it does, it goes back to normal after the concussion, I couldn't figure out why. It greatly impairs driving comfort. Can anyone help with knowledge on the subject? Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone, I have a 1.6 stilo.While driving the car, especially in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gears, when I take my foot off the gas without pressing the clutch, it makes a serious jolt, as if I'm constantly pressing the brakes and pulling. It doesn't do this all the time. When it does, it goes back to normal after the concussion, I couldn't figure out why. It greatly impairs driving comfort. Can anyone help with knowledge on the subject? Thanks in advance.
If you get a noticeable clonk when on / off accelerator in low gears, check the bottom engine\ stabiliser mount under car that goes from bottom of gearbox area to subframe of vehicle, roughly the shape of a dog bone, very common fault.:)

If you get a noticeable clonk when on / off accelerator in low gears, check the bottom engine\ stabiliser mount under car that goes from bottom of gearbox area to subframe of vehicle, roughly the shape of a dog bone, very common fault.:)
Thanks for answering mate 🙂 I think I changed the part you mentioned a few months ago. In addition, I am sharing your image, can you confirm? When this piece breaks down, does it make this shake continuously?It's not constant because it happens from time to time and it continues very lightly when I want to give it gas and continue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-03-22-26-27-688_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-03-22-26-27-688_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 33
Not continuous shake just "clonk" when/off the accelerator pedal normally.
I was thinking the mounting that stabilises the bottom of the engine, but do you think it is more of an engine running issue?
Yes that was what I was originally thinking about.:confused:
If so is there any engine codes read?
If not is it possible a electrical connection at engine giving an intermittent misfire/hesitation as engine moves forward and back under load?

Not continuous shake just "clonk" when/off the accelerator pedal normally.
I was thinking the mounting that stabilises the bottom of the engine, but do you think it is more of an engine running issue?
Yes that was what I was originally thinking about.:confused:
If so is there any engine codes read?
If not is it possible a electrical connection at engine giving an intermittent misfire/hesitation as engine moves forward and back under load?
It shows no fault codes with Multiecuscan. Coils 1550, ignition times vary between 3.1, 3.3, battery voltage 13.8 working.

The engine runs very smoothly when idling or accelerating. Whenever I take my foot off the gas it does this annoying move. And when I do this move, I feel like a novice driver 😂

I do not want to go to the mechanic without diagnosing the problem because there are very few mechanics who have knowledge about the vehicle. Because the last time I did that, I changed a lot of parts unrelated to my problem😂
When I shared my problem in a Facebook group, someone said that it could be because the grounding connection is not enough. Do you think this is possible?

Usually if a bush/mounting was worn you would hear the clonk, if it was electrical causing engine to shake etc. I would expect to see an error code show on your Multiscan, though as I use Linux rather than Windows I do not use Multiscan so others here on Forum can advise better on that.
If your issue was caused by grounding or an earth wire generally I would have thought an error code or multiple error codes would show.
If it is a mechanical clunk Is it possible to simulate the effect stationary with handbrake on and taking the load up going from reverse to first gear etc. by jerking with a few revs on. Maybe someone listening with the bonnet up can pinpoint location, or similar technic with passenger listening.

Usually if a bush/mounting was worn you would hear the clonk, if it was electrical causing engine to shake etc. I would expect to see an error code show on your Multiscan, though as I use Linux rather than Windows I do not use Multiscan so others here on Forum can advise better on that.
If your issue was caused by grounding or an earth wire generally I would have thought an error code or multiple error codes would show.
If it is a mechanical clunk Is it possible to simulate the effect stationary with handbrake on and taking the load up going from reverse to first gear etc. by jerking with a few revs on. Maybe someone listening with the bonnet up can pinpoint location, or similar technic with passenger listening.
I will definitely try this in the morning. Hopefully, I'll find the issue after testing. In my area, they say that the problem will be solved by renewing the ECU solderings and updating the software. However, I'm not considering having any repair work done on the ECU because, as you said, if it were an electrical issue, I would have received multiple errors and warnings. Thank you so much for your suggestions. :)

ECU issues sounds unlikely but a sort of kangarooing can be caused by faulty electronic accelerator pedal on fly by wire cars I think. I dont know if the Stilo has and electronic pedal but if it does it might be worth considering. It will be old enough to be worn. Im not exactly clear exactly what the issue is. The shunt caused when lifting off the accelerator getting excessive is as suggested almost always an engine mounting loose of failed so check them all and check the replacement part has not failed. Check any gearbox mounts too. There are so many fake parts out there anything is possible

ECU issues sounds unlikely but a sort of kangarooing can be caused by faulty electronic accelerator pedal on fly by wire cars I think. I dont know if the Stilo has and electronic pedal but if it does it might be worth considering. It will be old enough to be worn. Im not exactly clear exactly what the issue is. The shunt caused when lifting off the accelerator getting excessive is as suggested almost always an engine mounting loose of failed so check them all and check the replacement part has not failed. Check any gearbox mounts too. There are so many fake parts out there anything is possible
Yes, I tried the 1st and reverse gears with the handbrake engaged. There are acceptable minor movements in the engine, but no movement is seen on the gear knob.

It has an electronic throttle body, but when I record on the move with Multiecuscan, I don't see any discrepancies in the values.

For the issue of the RPM staying steady when I press the clutch, I removed and used the clutch sensor. The RPM doesn't stay steady; it increases by 200-300 RPM and quickly drops to idle.

When I check the sensor with a computer for pedal position, it provides information about being pressed and released.

I replaced the throttle body with a new and original one a month ago. A mechanic who couldn't adjust the timing of the vehicle thought the problem originated from the throttle body and replaced it😓.

If I can solve the stacking issue when I take my foot off the gas, it would be sufficient for me. However, there are many factors that could cause the problem, and all are costly 😶.

Thank you for your help, my friend 🙏.

When I replaced the clutch switch with the original part, the problem largely disappeared, though there's a very rare and slight shudder.

Back