General Service Book?

Currently reading:
General Service Book?

I notice I dident get any sort of service record book with my TA - should I have? I would have though there would be a book for intervals / stamps etc? Also it mentions in the manual that there is a card with the keycode info on it - I dident seem to get this either, is it normally included?

In the UK the keycode is not supplied for security reasons, service section is normally at the back of one of the handbooks rather than a separate booklet in itself.

Not sure about that. I got mine along with key pattern code. Also all the vans / chassis cabs we use at work come with this information. In the event of keys required the dealer will charge to recover the numbers. I could be wrong though.

Not sure about that. I got mine along with key pattern code. Also all the vans / chassis cabs we use at work come with this information. In the event of keys required the dealer will charge to recover the numbers. I could be wrong though.

You are correct about the latter and being charged, but not the first, it is done at the request of the insurance industry. Looks like you got lucky and it slipped through the net. Not sure if commercial are different though.

Maybe was but I'm sure its an industry standard to supply all info. I got it 12 years with my new Saxo Vts.
I got it we when bought our new Astra (57 Reg)
And we got it this time.

I know when we bought the Diesel sport we didn't get a key / numbers but that was part of the deal - NO SPARE KEY NO CAR.

And the handbook states we should get it.

I don't understand why / who says I cant have all the bits to my car!

Attachments

• key.jpg
    key.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 99
So my dealer told me yesterday that Fiat are no longer issuing service books with new cars and its all done on-line now! He said he could print me out records if I wanted them! Anybody else come across this or is he telling porkies?

Sounds blooming barmy to me. So if you buy the car second hand you have to trust the seller its been serviced correctly? These stupid decisions by companies middle management ultimately mess up the product. If fiat are doing this its not helping their product.

Back