Tuning Secondary Oil cooler

Currently reading:
Tuning Secondary Oil cooler

HI all,

can I check if any member here on the Tjet 150 have installed a secondary oil cooler?

This involved the sandwich plate, braided hoses and also an oil cooler radiator.

have anyone managed to find a suitable Sandwich plate that is plug and play instead of customising?

TIA

1. Why do you want one?
2. Protoxide has a few versions, no idea if they are thermostatic, and they will need work done to get them to work-new hoses for turbo oil supply, also some work with the cooling hoses going to the current oil cooler will need deleting...etc

hi

I drive in ambient temperature around 34-38 degres C, year round.

Heat is the killer for oil and i do wish to keep engine oil temp lower a little with the aid of oil cooler.
I already meshed out the whole front of the car and is looking to custom a bonnet to allow for airflow toward the exhaust/turbo area to cool the area more.

the 1st 25K km of my bravo ownership over the last 9 months have been average, FC is running average 11.5-12.5KM/L on the 16" and on 18" I'm getting 10.5-11 KM/L

Car's been tuned lightly, with GSR intake and a larger Intercooler. Boost peak at just 1.5 Bar.
I may get another tune once I decide how i want the car to do.

But I'm looking at heat reduction. a new larger radiator is in the planning but not many fits off-the-shelf at the moment, and custom radiator is going to be very costly.

A bigger oil pan will help with oil degradation. More oil less stress on it.
TCM had some for sale at some pint for the t-jet.
It was basically this product.

For the aftermarket oil cooler, the stock one will need removing and all the hoses and oil lines, that connect to it, redone.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back