Technical seat swapping on a 3door

Currently reading:
Technical seat swapping on a 3door

Tony M

eh?
I heard that coupe seats fit the 3 door later model tipos... can anyone confirm this?.

anyone running alternative seats from a different model in the their car...?

I'm trying to rid the car of it's interior squeaks and rattles... and the finish on the original seats is just made to make noise with the least provoking

OK, after the huge response i got on here i have gone ahead and picked up a set of coupe seats.

after an initial test i see that the coupe sub frame is narrower where the bolt holes meet the floor of the car. However the runners and the frame on the bottom of the seat are the same width.

So, is it a simple case of getting the tabs on the rear of the mounting frames to allow the runner to slide out of the back of the frame... or am i going to have to get lots of awkward bits to align with the planets before it'll let go?

Attachments

• DSC00112.JPG
    DSC00112.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00113.JPG
    DSC00113.JPG
    321.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
No idea Tony.. Never taken a seat off before. You may be venturing where no Sedici owner has gone before.

:) i wouldn't change the seats in the sedici as they're mint... and it's got to stay as original as possible to retain any value.

No these are from the later 3 door that i use everyday.

I have done something like this on a panda but the groove part of the sliding mechanism was welding onto the floor not bolted on... and a lot easier to access in terms of bits to move to free them.

I will have a look for a couple of days and see if i can sort it out... if not it's not too much of a foot wound.

Back